Ashe County Wildlife Club's first 100/200 Yard Score Shoot

E

E T Weaver

Our first IBS Club shoot was held Aug 14, with 17 attending. What a great beginning ! With the forecasted thunderstorms holding off long enough for Ronnie Long to shoot his personal best, 500 38 X, and needing only one X to tie the World Record ! Humble Henry Rivers took 2nd in the Grand Agg with the other 500 with 32 X. The dark skies and variable winds didn't bother these guys. Local rookies Steve Eller and Swader Miller brought home 3 rd place awards in the 100 and 200.
Our Club sincerely appreciates the efforts of all the members and competitors who made our first shoot a big success. We especially wish to thank all the volunteers who prepared the fantastic B-B-Q chicken and fixins.
Hope to see you at our October shoot, E.T. Weaver

Attachments

• DSCN2091.jpg
    DSCN2091.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 352
Last edited by a moderator:
Ashe County Wildlife Club's first 100/200 Yard Score Shoot

Congrats to all the winners, especially "Mr. Long". He showed us how to do it all day.
E.T. is RIGHT! Their first match was a big success. It was evident how much work the Ashe County Boys had done to be sure it was done right. They may pat themselves on the back. Looking forward to the next match there.

Wayne Lewis

Ashe County Shoot

It was a great place to shoot, that club has done such a great job to get things ready for their first shoot. The guys that could not make this shoot missed out on a great time, and gals. My hat off to Ronnie Long, great shooting and to Swader and Steve for their wins. I think everyone had a great time and the FOOOOD!!!!! was just wonderful. Just wished I lived close to the range.Thanks again to everyone that helped make this shoot possible.

HUMBLE HENRY:D:D:D:D

I would like to send a BIG thanks to all the folks at Ashe County Gun Club for one of the warmest welcomes a visitor could hope for. The crowd that calls this gun club home sure have a lot to be proud of. Congratulations to Henry, Swader, Steve and the rest of the competitors for some fine shooting and all the crew for scoring and also the target crew and range master. One would think they have been doing this for a while instead of the their first match. It would be hard to improve on the fun had by all Sat.
I can't wait for the Oct match, reserve me a spot and get the chickens ready.
Thanks for the great time,
Ronnie

Do you have any contact info for this club? I am going to be moving to SC and would like to check it out.

Back