ASC 100 yard Club Score match Saturday 6/28 (Dallas Texas area)

P1ZombieKiller

http://www.P1ZK.com
If you are in the Dallas Ft. Worth area and would like to shoot in our 100 yard Club match, we would love to have ya.
It is a very relaxed atmosphere. Check in is at 8:00am and we start shooting at 9:00am (time change since it is getting hotter sooner).
We have only had 5-7 shooters for the last few months, and I would love to see a few more guys come out.

Cost is only $10 and we have several classes in case you want to bring something besides a BR rifle.

Club location is 11500 County Road 525 Mansfield Texas 76063

Well

seeing as I'm an ASC member I'll try to attend although since I retired I sleep till I awake. I don't shoot score normally or abnormally either. I don't think you load at the range for this course of fire. So how many rounds do I need to load?

seeing as I'm an ASC member I'll try to attend although since I retired I sleep till I awake. I don't shoot score normally or abnormally either. I don't think you load at the range for this course of fire. So how many rounds do I need to load?

Give me your number, and I will call and wake you.
Excuse #1 taken care of.

As long as you shoot, you will fit in fine
Excuse #2 taken care of.

Bring 50 rounds but you may not need them all
Excuse #3 taken care of.

Come out and meet a few other guys and have a good time. It's a friendly type of shoot, and once you try it, hopefully you will want to come out each month.

About a year ago

I had the boltface opened up on a Grizzley II action so I could put a 30BR barrel on it. I also have 5 boxes of Lapua 6BR brass gathering dust so I guess it's time for me to get off my ass and buy a barrel and gitter done.

perfect place

Club shoots like this are the perfect place to do things like that. I just started making my own bullets, and this is the place I work out all the kinks. This match I am playing with seating depths. Got them started at .020" jumped all the way to jammed .020"

I've never done any kind of competition, but live in the DFW area and am interested in trying. I'm guessing you don't need to be a member of the ASC?

I've never done any kind of competition, but live in the DFW area and am interested in trying. I'm guessing you don't need to be a member of the ASC?

You do not need to be a member. We have 4 classes so you canshoot in Factory, AR, Modified, or Benchrest. The gate opens at 8:00am. Go through the gate and stay to the right. You will pass the shotgun area and the range in at the back. We will be on range C.

Hope to see ya there.

about the shoot

I would like to come. what rifle can I bring DGV (308) or cobra 220beggs or panda 6ppc or Rem m78sportman 223imp?

I would like to come. what rifle can I bring DGV (308) or cobra 220beggs or panda 6ppc or Rem m78sportman 223imp?

Bring all 4 and then bring 3 of your buddies also.

Seriously, any of those would be fine. You probably would do better with the Beggs or ppc, but all would be more than fine.

We shoot this Saturday

I hope to see some of you guys there. Don't forget the gates open at 8:00 am.
I will be there about 7:30 so if you want to show up a little early, I can let you in if you let me know.

Give me your number, and I will call and wake you.
Excuse #1 taken care of.

As long as you shoot, you will fit in fine
Excuse #2 taken care of.

Bring 50 rounds but you may not need them all
Excuse #3 taken care of.

Come out and meet a few other guys and have a good time. It's a friendly type of shoot, and once you try it, hopefully you will want to come out each month.

OK, how many record shots. I have about 24 fire formed cases.

You will need 25 record shots. So we have 2 options.
We can alter the whole match and reduce the record targets to 24 just for you, or we can get you that extra case you need so you can be prepared.
Let me know which avenue you want to take.

Last edited:
You will need 25 record shots. So we have 2 options.
We can alter the whole match and reduce the record targets to 24 just for you, or we can get you that extra case you need so you can be prepared.
Let me know which avenue you want to take.

OK Mr Snark,those 24 cases were sufficient to shoot the 100/200 HV AGG ten days ago at the Whittington center. On a more serious note, the headspace difference between the brass in my LV gun and HV gun is about .0002. So I can borrow about ten cases from my LV gun brass. See, that was simple once I had the necessary data. :p

Back