Anyone got a current source for-

V

voldoc02

Alliant Reloader 17, that actually has
some in stock ready for shipment??
thanks
Doc Stone

Try powder valley.com i just got 2 1lb from them. Havent tried yet in my 6/6.5 x 47 lapua yet. Anyone elsoe thried it yet in these calibers???

RL17 should do fine in your 6x47 - it's pretty good in mine, though it's going to take some load tuning to get it shooting as good as N160 with Tubb 115s. It doesn't appear that I'll get quite as much velocity with RL17 as some of the early testers did, but it's still going to beat N160 by nearly 100fps.

I'm impressed with it with Berger & JLK 180 VLDs in my 284s - the chrono says it's pushing the heavy 7mms just over 2900fps, whereas the best I've been able to do with anything else in this cartridge is 2800. Am in the process of loading some JLK 168s with RL17 now, after reading Bryan Litz's lastest article on Berger 168/180 VLDs in this month's issue of PS.

It's good stuff, bu I'm not going to buy any more RL17 until Alliant releases it in 5lb. jugs.

Edited to add that RL17 doesn't seem to need a hot primer - I've been doing most of the testing in both 6x47 & 284 with Wolf (Russian) primers; the one series of 6x47s I chrono'd with R7-1/2s showed pressure at a charge weight more than half a grain under what I'd already shot with the Wolf primers.

Last edited:
wtt1011--
When was it you got the RL17 from Powder Valley?

Back