any news on Bullet jackets

marlowjoe

has any one heard when and the prices on J-4 jackets ? I use 30 cal .925's and was wondering when? I know I could use a few buckets myself. Some one said something about copper being high right now? I don't know about that. Haven't heard about any one stealing it to take it to the salvage yards because of higher prices..:)

thx joe

Joe. Some people around Detroit suffer a terrible death trying to remove the copper ground wire for high tension lines.
A friend made a youtube vid. of a guy trying to scrape nails from phone poles.
You can find most injuries on Youtube.
And I don't want to get kicked off this site. Gruesome pictures.
There were a few out west.

has any one heard when and the prices on J-4 jackets ? I use 30 cal .925's and was wondering when? I know I could use a few buckets myself. Some one said something about copper being high right now? I don't know about that. Haven't heard about any one stealing it to take it to the salvage yards because of higher prices..:) thx joe

J-4 and other jackets, regardless of price, are still scarce. Check back in 6 to 9 months.

I called Berger today.
They will put you on a list.

Zippy06, thanks for the info. Did they quote any prices? some one said they are wanting $280.00 a bucket for the .925's That's a lot more than I would have thought, being the last time I bought some they were a lot less expensive. That's why i was joking about the scrappers.. i would call them my self, but i do not have the time to during the day.

joe

yeah $280 plus shipping about $10 per bucket add it up...

Hi GerryM, that's what I was told. just wondered if it were true. Boy is that going to make it tough on building bullets.. That would put it at around .40 cents a piece just to build them with out any time involved.. Hope all is well with you and yours..

thx joe

You may want to try Bart Sauter (Bart's Custom Bullets). He is a distributor for Sierra jackets. James

Back