Anti-Fog product for scope lens.

Vern

Morethan1waytoskinacat
I had been wondering about using RainX anti fog on my Leupold scope lenses. In the early morning during high humidity it seems when I take off the covers they seem to fog up a bit and even if not end up needing to be cleaned.
Does anyone have any experience or info about this.
I saw some sheets at the optometrist yesterday for used with glasses and it reminded me about posting this.
I certainly dont want to mess up the lens on a $1k scope.

Works well...

When involved in Center fire Shiloette (could never spell this word) I used Rain X on my Weaver T16 scope and it worked well in the rain and hazy conditions. I little alcohol or soap and water will remove it if desired. It will not affect the lens coating.

virg

How ya doing Vern? I have a habit of breathing on my hunting scope ocular lens and fogging it up during the morning hunt. It usually happens when you flip the cover up and attempt to line up on a Whitetail.

I keep a lens cloth,the one's you get at the eyeglass store, in a zip lock plastic bag ,in my pocket. It works better to quickly remove fog than anything I've tried. I've tried the spray's and the wet wipes. They work but it takes too long to dry all that moisture off the lens. I use rain-X on my car windshield for rain. It does nothing for fog. Never tried the rain -X anti fog stuff.

Glenn

Thanks Virg. Ill check and see if the anit-fog is the same.

Hello Glen I am doing good.
I did notice the last couple of days that where I put it on my windshield on the inside it seems to be a little filmy.
I think Ill pick up some of the anti-wipes at the place I get my glasses lens cleaner and see what it does.

The problem I had was that at the beginning of each match when I took off my lens cover I noticed spots and things on my front lens, along with a little fog and my standard lens cleaner was not working well.

There is a product called PJ1 fog blocker available at motorcycle stores. I had a problem with the shield of my helmet fogging and treated it with this stuff. Worked pretty well and did not scratch the plastic shield at all. The only thing is it takes a loy of wiping to get the film to clear up. But once done the results are good. I can't see why it wouldn't work on a glass lense.

Gillette Foamy shaving cream works on the bathroom mirror.....better try it though as it may not work on your mirror. If it does work, that's two of two so maybe you could rub a dab on your scope lens.

Once had a problem driving in a downpour when the wipers broke. The guys all got onto the bonnet in turn & sprayed the windscreen down, after which the water slid off slick as.

Might not translate well to a match situation though.....:eek:

Fog

What ever is used to clear the fog,it has to work fast. A dry lens cloth works best for me. In a hunting situation,you may get one shot off. If you can see the target.

Glenn

Thanks for all the info and suggestions.
I want to put it on before I go or when I first take the rifle out for the match so I dont have to deal with it right before the relay or later.

I use Cat Crap. works well - I have more problems with my shooting glasses fogging than i do my scope lenses. I found the best trick was to put on my glasses well before shooting time starts so than can acclimate.

Recently, I purchased fog proof scope with good glass material. Recommend to once visit at online store for more amazing products. EurooOptic.com

Back