another product review

alinwa

oft dis'd member
Actually not a "product review" but a "freakin' wish't I'DA thought-a-that!!!" for a company called Area 419 for making a timing system for muzzle brakes that's brilliant.

I've built tons of muzzle brakes.

I've installed and sled-tested tons more.

The Holey Graille of muzzle brakes is one that's effective, attractive and repeatable and that locks down solid enough to allow the gun to tune and shoot.

-Most brakes on the market are essentially equally effective...... ie the more impact surface they offer, the more the reduction.
-Most brakes on the market can be made to be attractive...... once. Flat ones can be locked and timed....once.
-Most brakes on the market can be locked down solidly....... but some are a LOT more work to do so.

So some bright young feller at area 419 decided to utilize a locking taper ALA 'Morse' style taper.

Friggin B R I L L I A N T !!!! This is well beyond 'outside the box...'

Kudos to Area 419 for thinking outside the room.

:)

caveat, for the whyners and the haders;

I've never purchased an Area 419 product.

I have never bought, been given, borrowed nor even USED an Area 419 product.

I'm not a shill for Area 419 nor have I impersonated anyone from Area 419 nor have I ever stayed at the Holiday Inn just down the road from Area 419.

But I would,

And will.

Al

I'm not surprised

I've bought a number of upgrades for my auto-trickler system from Area 419 and the machine work has been more than excellent.

Besides being able to quick change a muzzle brake from barrel to barrel you can get mounts for many common manufacturers suppressors that will allow you to do a quick change using the Hellfire or Sidewinder universal adapters. You can go from muzzle brake to suppressor in under a minute or swap the suppressor from rifle to rifle in the same.

while all of this is good and clever, i simply put a suppressor adapter( actually ported brakes) on each rifle and simply move suppressors from rifle to rifle.
works for me

while all of this is good and clever, i simply put a suppressor adapter( actually ported brakes) on each rifle and simply move suppressors from rifle to rifle.
works for me

Well, ummm, Duhhh...... like everyone has for 20 yrs....... this does not detract from the cleverness of Area 419's design nor from the fact that it solves a problem for folks like me. The fact that you're happy with status quo is irrelevant to the situation. Lots of folks, MOST folks in fact are well served with standard offerings but some of us are not.

Toyota Celicas will always outsell Chevy Corvettes but I don't take that as a license to tell 'vette owners "but my 'Yoda gets me to work and back every day too... works for me!!"

I'm bloody SICK of folks telling me "but you don't need that"

I wear this shirt a lot.

B****.jpg

Back