An off topic question....

Thanks Bill but I'm gonna try to do it myself. I know it's an "easy-peasy" job for wood workers but if you ain't never done such a thing it's a bit scary when you come to the actual "hunnert dollar" piece of wood. Waiting on a warmer day to do this but if it doesn't warm up then cold it is. Thanks again!!

I'll let Y'all know how it turns out...and also if I have to buy another one....

Relax Wilbur. If you mess up one edge you can saw that edge off and do it over.
As I was told by one of the men who taught me, "You can tell a good carpenter by how he covers his mistakes."

A router is one of my favorite wood working tools because you can do so much with them. I have mounted them on tables and made shapers out of them. In my shop I probably had 12 of them in operation at any given time.

Advice:

1. Practice on scraps.

2. Don't push the router too slowly. It will heat up and burn the wood and the bit.

3. It is easy to use and even fun once you get the feel of it.

4. Just do it and let us know how it works.

Check out a MakerSpace

Wilbur, I don't know where you are. But there just might be a "MakerSpace" near you. Those places are just phenominal -- I just helped build one. They'll probably have all the equipment you need. And, I'll guarantee the people there will help you "get it done".
glen

A router is one of my favorite wood working tools because you can do so much with them. I have mounted them on tables and made shapers out of them.
Bill,

You missed the most important point - make the pusher handles really long so you will keep you hand out of the blade.

John

P1040532.JPG

You are so right

Bill,

You missed the most important point - make the pusher handles really long so you will keep you hand out of the blade.

John

You are so right, John. I overheard one of my senior wood workers explain to his new helper about how to use and respect power tools. He told the young man in his thick native Scots accent, "You must be careful when using these machines. They will suck you in. You are neither stout enough nor swift enough. They will suck you in."

That applies to all machine tools fixed portable or hand held- dang things have no respect for your appendages, or for that matter your torso either.

Success!

Been meaning to come back and post but in all this time I haven't. I routed the corners on that cutting board successfully and without incident. Thanks for the advice and schooling Y'all gave me!

Anybody need a router?

Wilbur

Been meaning to come back and post but in all this time I haven't. I routed the corners on that cutting board successfully and without incident. Thanks for the advice and schooling Y'all gave me!

Anybody need a router?

Wilbur

Great job, Wilbur. AND you can still count to ten. ?

Back