An ammo type that I haven't heard of

TomD

e publius unum
I entered into an agreement to buy a case of 5000 rounds for $300. It is Remington, boxes white except the Remington logo, 40 grain lead bullet standard velocity. It is described to me as Military contract, intended for use in military matches.

Anybody know anything about this ammo? I've already agreed to buy it but just curious.

rem1.jpg

Rem2.jpg

It is probably worth 4 or 5 bucks a box to collectors, wish I had some what do the small boxes inside look like I have a USA address Jeff

It is probably worth 4 or 5 bucks a box to collectors, wish I had some what do the small boxes inside look like I have a USA address Jeff

Probably be a week and some before I get it, it's coming to my Florida address from CA. Not looking to sell, just wondering if anyone else has run into this.

Looks appealing to me with all the stories of 525 round packs of Federal and the like selling for $50-$75 these days.

Based on the pictures, the 50 round boxes look to be pure white with a Remington logo, just like the larger boxes.

Looks like military training ammo from CMP to me. A club I belonged to used to get it from CMP and sell to club members. I've had a few bricks in the past and it shoots as well as the cheap bulk ammo from all the various manudfacturers.
My grandson has shot up all I had and I'd like to get more but I don't think it's available from CMP any more.
Dave

DCM or CMP or whatever they're called these days sounds plausible as a source. They had to have something to feed all those 22 rifles that they were selling. Plus the cases of ammo come in the same foil wrappings that the rifles came in.

Mostly I wanted to establish a plausible & legal chain for a product that appears to be of military origin.

Thanks!

I've had a few bricks in the past and it shoots as well as the cheap bulk ammo from all the various manufacturers.
Dave

That well, huh? ;-)

You'd think standard velocity would be at least some better than supersonic. It'll work for my shooting, I don't bench any of my 22's and mostly shoot one of my several 22 pistols anyway.

Last edited:
Dcm

Back when I was a Junior NRA Instructor, we furnished all the kids with this ammo. It was sent to us by the DCM. Sometimes we would get Winchester. Great 50 foot ammo.

My guess

Is its CMP surplus sales also. Sold for $125 a case plus shipping up until about Oct 2012 when they sold out. I have some but haven't shot it for performance. At $300 it may be a good deal still... $3 a box plus shipping. Greg

I'm pretty sure it's the CMP stuff , our club handed it out to the youth shooters for rifle team training....... Which by the way, now must cease under NY state law that requires background checks. Isn't that just lovely?

Tim,
How do they do background checks for ammo :confused:

I don't think they've got the infrastructure set yet for retail purchase, but for shipment to NYS moving forward...... To FFL dealers only. The effort for repeal has begun.......think good thoughts.

Back