Am I crazy

Mike A

Or maybe that should be how crazy am I
It is been many years since I’ve posted here but I check in and have a read from time to time and I’m posting this question here because I respect the depth of knowledge that I see here
I used to be a pretty keen experimenter but got tired of it 10 years or so ago, but now that I have a bit more time I have this idea that I’d like to follow up
I am a long-range hunter and shooter and like most have become hooked on the 6.5 mm
I have been a long time user of the 260 Ackley and lately I am yearning for more speed
I have a nice 260 Tikka that hasn’t done much work and and a 260AI reamer and I was thinking about running it deeper to make full use of 270 brass, my only concern is that the chamber might end up too fat at the back endE491924F-9311-42D8-92DC-02B739399BF3.jpeg
Any input would be appreciated

I do it all the time..... have been doing it for many years. Enough years that my first one was a "6X47 Lapua" built by running a 6BR reamer in deep. I did this on the first run of 6.5X47L before 6X47 Lapua reamers existed. I documented this experiment here http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?58805-Al-s-6x47L at which time (2009) I'd already been tinkering for some time. Note that by this stage in my own life I was already "fat-butting" my 6BR reamers.....

I'm currently documenting on my youtube channel the genesis and development of the 'HELLBRNGR" series of cartridges built by running WSM reamers in deep and shooting RUM, Edge and 404 Jeffery cases

I haven't run the numbers on your setup but I LOVE the idea!

Thanks Al, I am familiar with the way you oversized the back ends, the reamer measures about .475 at 06 depth

I made it wikkid hah'd to find, on purpose :)

it is opinionsby____al which is opinionsby underscore underscore underscore underscore al with no spaces...

It LOOKS like a underline but it ain't

Al,
Haven't seen you for years....................when did you lose your hair?

Mark

LOL!!! I've been bic'ing my headbone for years..... at least ten years

You ever want to get rid of the record-setting indian blanket gun......I still live at the same place ;) (well, you know that if you watched a video or two. You've been here after all.)

You still got that Nova?

Back