Allie Euber

SCOTTY CRAWFORD

Today the benchrest community has lost one of it's
Greats. Allie Euber has lost his bout with cancer.
Please keep his family in your prayers.

Allie Euber was an icon of Benchrest shooting, but more than that he was a model of how a Christian should live. He never let his love of Benchrest shooting interfere with his deep and abiding love for Jesus Christ. He was a great family man and we are all diminished from the loss of this man. My prayers are for his family and all of his many friends. James

God Bless you Allie

Like the big brother I never had, I will miss you terribly.
Prayers to Diane and all his loving family.

Milt Craven

How awfully sad we are loosing way to many of the good folks recently and my Prayers are with the family and friends. He being the Christian man you say he is I have no doubts he is with alot of my friends, family and by my own faith I will be with him in Paradise one day.

JLouis

Last edited:
Allie Euber was a Benchrest legend long before I started shooting in competition. As sad as this moment is, I can't think of him without smiling.
As a newbie at the IBS matches back east I would keep an eye on him and his brother Lee at their reloading bench to see if I could gain some knowledge to improve my game. I was amazed and entertained as they would move up and down on the powder charge while shouting out their intentions "I'm goin' up" would yell Allie, while Lee would sing back "I'm goin' down". Other reloaders in the pavillion would soon be screwing their measures up and down trying to find that mystical load that would make their rifles "come alive" as Allie would say.
On the firing line Allie was absolutely fearless, no condition, no matter how turbulent it was would intimidate him. He could find a way to shoot a nice group in stuff that would have my head spinning around.
He was always approachable for the new guys. I could ask him questions and he would take the time to give advice. I didn't always understand his answers back then but as the years passed the things he said began to make sense.
Once he was telling me about follow through with that crazy look in his eye and how he could see the bullet pass through the hole on the target paper. "Yeah right" I thought to myself, "nobody can do that". Well somethings you just gotta believe, best advice I ever got.
I really wish Allie would have written a book. He was a pure "natural". He loved to shoot, loved to compete, loved all the other shooters around him. We will all miss him.
Joel

"loved to compete" and "pure natural".....

I only met Allie once on a 3-day weekend at the '99 or '00 IBS Benchrest School in Canastota. Lee was my teacher so I got to spend some time with the Euber Bros, two of them. I never met the third, before my time, but I heard stories. Allie and Lee, Howie Levy, the Kelbly's, Suttons, Bordens and the rest of the crowd there in the northeast pretty much convinced me that I wanted to be a part of this....good stories, factual real-world data and enough new ideas to keep my head spinning for months.

They've stuck with me. The ideas, the ideals and the stories.

"loved to compete" and "pure natural" were exactly the impressions I came away with and I too had a hard time believing that not only COULD he see the bullet hit, he basically REQUIRED IT! To him it was just a natural part of shooting..... along with watching all the flags in the field, and the wind in the area and even commenting on the freaking birdies in the sidelines.......and the other guy's targets down the line.

I sware the guy had independent focus or a wandering eye or something. (Altho Lee ain't no slouch in those departments either.... the very first time I came on BRC I posted about my experience with Lee as my teacher) I'd been shooting 6PPC BR rifles at home for a half dozen years, knew just enough to be totally confused.... The Euber Bros completely reset my clock.

"Pure natural???" The guy could shoot anything. He could shoot off his hind feet. Allie told me about shooting Wimbledon. "Never done it before, knew nothing about it, so I designed a suitable cartridge HAD DIES MADE FOR A NEW BULLET, the Euber 6MM 108," and proceeded to do weird and wonderful things. Allie was competitive with a shotgun. I mean COMPETETIVE, not like "he liked to shoot competitively" but could have been a contender. And pistols......there just wasn't enough time in this world for Allie.

RIP My Brother In The Lord.......you changed this kid's life.

Allie will be missed by many. I always enjoyed getting "snow" stories from Allie and Lee at the Shamrock in March in Georgia. Many times they would leave a few to several feet of snow at home to come down to Dublin.

And some of Allies powder "adventures" would scare us all.

Allie Euber was a Benchrest legend long before I started shooting in competition. As sad as this moment is, I can't think of him without smiling.
As a newbie at the IBS matches back east I would keep an eye on him and his brother Lee at their reloading bench to see if I could gain some knowledge to improve my game. I was amazed and entertained as they would move up and down on the powder charge while shouting out their intentions "I'm goin' up" would yell Allie, while Lee would sing back "I'm goin' down". Other reloaders in the pavillion would soon be screwing their measures up and down trying to find that mystical load that would make their rifles "come alive" as Allie would say.
On the firing line Allie was absolutely fearless, no condition, no matter how turbulent it was would intimidate him. He could find a way to shoot a nice group in stuff that would have my head spinning around.
He was always approachable for the new guys. I could ask him questions and he would take the time to give advice. I didn't always understand his answers back then but as the years passed the things he said began to make sense.
Once he was telling me about follow through with that crazy look in his eye and how he could see the bullet pass through the hole on the target paper. "Yeah right" I thought to myself, "nobody can do that". Well somethings you just gotta believe, best advice I ever got.
I really wish Allie would have written a book. He was a pure "natural". He loved to shoot, loved to compete, loved all the other shooters around him. We will all miss him.
Joel

Joel, What a thoughtful and well written tribute, thank you. It reminded me of the only time I met the Euber brothers at the Nationals in Raton many years ago. I held a lot of respect for anyone who would drive across 2/3 of the country to be there so it was easy to help them round up a place to load. That week was spent listening to them tweak, tune, and cajole each other in a way that was certainly entertaining. And I had many conversations with them about this and that during the week. I wish I could have had more experiences with them. It's safe to say that Allie made an impact on a lot of people.

This is a time in this sport when the bickering and angst is at an all time high, and many are probably asking, "is this worth it?" Then something like Allie's passing occurs. It makes me look back on the friends and experiences that never made it to a match report and be glad I invested the time and expense in this. There are just some people who make you aware that you could do a better job with the life you have left in this world and Allie was one of them.

Allie, you done did good with your allotted time on planet earth. We are certainly diminished in your passing. God speed, my friend.....

Scott Smallwood

I shot with Allie many, many times. Ate with him, visited and learned from him.. A true Icon.. He helped me more than he knew even though I expressed my gratitude.. And Lee ------- Those days of BR were and are priceless.. One by one and we are changed forever..

So sorry to hear of Allies passing. Condolences.

Pat & Vicki

August 2018 has been a tough month for loosing shooting friends.

Many times I think back to my IBS shooting days when I lived in Penna. It was a common occurrence for Friday and Saturday evenings at BR matches to see the likes Of Allie and his brother Lee practicing and tuning their rifles for the next days competition. At nearly all the matches there were maybe 15-20 or so guys working on loads, rifles and conditions, what ever it took to be competitive. What I enjoyed was the interaction amongst all of us as to what we were doing. Changing powder, bullet seating depth, and sometimes equipment all the while telling our friends/competitors what we doing. Many times it was entertaining to watch Allie and Lee shoot a group; run back to the loading area and make a dramatic change. Those two guys went at it with such enthusiastic energy you had to get caught up in the excitement of the match. They reminded me of the two wild and crazy guys, popular on Sat Night Live back in the day.

I miss many of those moments and I’ll miss Allie.

Gary Ocock

Most of you have more memories of Allie than do I, but I remember Allie's and Lee's HOT loads. When asked how did he get away with neck sizing only with such hot loads, Allie said, "I don't mind standing up to close my bolt". I also remember vividly the invitations to join Allie and Lee for early Sunday morning prayer meetings before departing home from the Super Shoot. Allie would always pray for our safe journey and I really appreciated that. Lee, I am praying for you and all of the family. I know that there will be a great empty spot in your heart. James

One of my favorite mentors!!!!

I figured out the secret to "World Class" bullet making while watching Allie make bullets. When we all shot Allie's bullets Don Geraci said it best..."Shooting Euber bullets is like cheating, they're so good!". Miss ya my friend! May God enjoy your company and watch over your family. Speedy Thomas Gonzalez RIP.

Rip allie

I got some 30 caliber bullets in the past made by Allie
and they shot in the 30 BR like a miracle. Allie's 6PPC bullets were
also excellent. Enjoyed shooting with both Allie and Lee over the years.

RIP Allie,

God Bless

Mel

Back