Again, Congrats to Rodney Brown

Richard

for a great showing at the Nat's. I hope you were the "quarter hog" down there.:D Looking foward to next year shooting with all you guys.
Thanks to you Scott, for the info provided.

Richard Brensing

I shot next to Rodney...

... and he took a dollar from me (in quarters).

He shot his bag gun in unlimited (ten shots) and I gave him .080 per group because of my shooting a rail gun. I owed him four quarters at the end of that class.

On Tuesday during the last few targets in unlimited I said that I'd give him .040 per group in the bag guns' He looked at me and said "I won't need the spot". He was right.

I still owed him four quarters at the end of the week.

My perception is that we will be hearing more from Mr. Brown in the future in our sport.

Great shooting Rodney. I'll see you at the Super Shoot next year.

Thanks guys -- sometimes the blind squirrel gets lucky. The absolute best part of it was just being there with the finest folks in the shooting world.

At the end, the quarters were pretty evenly distributed (except for Joe's :p -- that was a side bet) between Jack 113, Todd 125, Ed 137, Butch 149, Lowell 152, Larry 226, Bob 228, and Landon 249 -- they all shot great! OK, so we all took a share of Bagget's quarters home, but even he didn't get skunked :D.

Rod

... and he took a dollar from me (in quarters).

He shot his bag gun in unlimited (ten shots) and I gave him .080 per group because of my shooting a rail gun. I owed him four quarters at the end of that class.

On Tuesday during the last few targets in unlimited I said that I'd give him .040 per group in the bag guns' He looked at me and said "I won't need the spot". He was right.

I still owed him four quarters at the end of the week.

My perception is that we will be hearing more from Mr. Brown in the future in our sport.

Great shooting Rodney. I'll see you at the Super Shoot next year.

Joe, I agree with you; we will definitely be hearing more from Rod Brown.

Last month, prior to the Buffalo Shoot here in Midland, it was my pleasure to shoot with Rod in the tunnel. It only took a short while to see that this young man was special. I explained how the barrels vibrate, how and why tuners work and demonstrated this in the tunnel. Rod understood it all imediately! :eek: :D

Experiences like this is what makes teaching so rewarding. :)

Yes indeed, keep your eye on Rod Brown, there is great potential there.

Sincerely,

Gene Beggs

Rodney, It was a pleasure meeting and talking to you at Phoenix. Congrats on the shooting!

Tracy Bartlein

Rodney Brown---

I've been watching Mr. Brown in the NBRSA monthly and what I especially like is he's doing his work with "moderate" loads like 27.6gns of n-133 instead of those "firecracker" loads that a lot of shooters tend to use(29.0-30+gns). These "firecracker" loads beat up actions and brass has to be thrown away after the match. To Mr. Brown,my congratulations!! gpoldblue@yahoo.com

He was definately in tune

I was on the left side of Rodney's bench. When the condition was there, he had all his shots downrange in a matter of seconds. Once he was done, he continued to tune his rifle through each match. He is a true competitor and very detailed. As was mentioned before, he has, and will be a fierce competitor in the future.

Nice job, Rodney!

-Mike Paul

Back