Actions

how far off are the head spaces

generally none, but he has one now and it may have worn, or been lapped or any number of things causing the need to measure. Carefully measured, Kelby can match that exactly and then he is all good requardless of the history of that action. All of my actions and friends have been matched to way below .001.

On a different matter, I have found once you have that done you need to use a torque wrench to put the barrels on as different loads will change head space a smidge.

consider the short throw option, you will like it.

Stewart

My best shooting rifle happens to be the least expensive rifle I own. I have an old farley fire fly that feels like nothing else, and shoots just as good. I'd love to find another just like it. Lee

Buying actions is like buying a car......some like Chevrolet and some Ford, etc. We are lucky to have great actions from which to choose. Pandas are great as are those from Farley, BAT, Stiller, Hall, Borden, Marsh and Haverkamp. Personal preference is normally the reason for choosing one over the other. If I get beaten by Gene Bukys shooting a Farley, Mike Stinnett shooting a Panda, or Gary Ocock shooting a Marsh it probably was not because I was shooting a BAT. We are fortunate to have such a choice of great actions. James

James that is so true. It's really over whelming the selections we have. This might be "The Golden Age of Benchrest".
A lot of bullet makers with lots of different bullets, Action choices, Stocks, barrels(well maybe not barrels), Scopes. It's hard to choose.

Back