Acrylic tube for a drop tube source

mshelton

I've been poking around on the Internet for the past day or so trying to find a source for some tubing to make a drop tube. I have one that came from Sinclair a while back with an OD of 1/2" and ID of 1/8", I'd like to find something close to that but the the best I've seen so far is 3/8" OD and 1/4" ID.

Anyone know where I might find the size I'm looking for?

Thanks, I'll check the Amazon listing out and give Steve a call, the ones on his website aren't very long.

I have a 10" that I use now, was for a Culver/Lyman measure, I turned down the metal attachment on the end to fit into a funnel then kinda angle chamfered the other naked acrylic end on the inside so that it fits and seals on any case mouth from a 30 to 20 cal

I believe I asked Steve about getting a longer piece of tubing and he said he could. Give him a call.

Joe Hynes

does acrylic work?

My chargemaster has a problem with the powder sticking to the clear plastic tube that is the powder reservoir, it not to big an issue cause itcause it is so big. If powder was to stick in the drop tube would be harder to get out ??? Static electricity I think.

Thanks Dale, I went ahead and ordered the 1/8" ID ones off Amazon, seems that the smaller diameter works best for me and the 1/8" ID 3/8" OD was closest to what I was looking for, going to make a stand for it and see how it does.

Back