A sad day for the benchrest community!!!!!

R. Rains

To All Concerned Benchrest Shooters,
I am Very Disappointed in this matter and I and going to see what I can do about getting this matter resolved and hopefully the proper actions are taken to stop this matter from happening again and again.
If there is any other concerned Benchrest Shooters that feel they can help or have the opportunity to getting this resolved ASAP I would appreciate any help NOW.
Russell Rains

* Special Notice, 16 May. 2013
Sorry to report the IBS Group Match scheduled for July 6,
7 at Camillus Sportsmens Club will have to be cancelled. Uncontrollable
circumstances within the club prevent us from hosting the match this year.
We hope to be able to host matches in the future.
Our sincere regrets for any inconvenience this might cause to any shooters planning to
attend.
Camillus Sportsmen's Club

:(

canastota club

I hope this isn't another take over like what happened at Canastota

What exactly happened up there--they say benchrest with a growl ---I just became a member and sense alot of tension sheeesh

You can ask many former members that shot Benchrest .
a power grab by some people promoting long range shooting. The place is dangerous to say the least.
The club does not own the land behind the 500 yd berm. One bullet out may shut the club down forever.
Even with a new backstop shooting long range there is takeing a great chance of injuring someone.
The powers to be blamed the short range people for many things that are not true. One being that people from Syracuse were running the club.
That was not true. Now there are many members there from UTICA. just a power grab by some.
Benchrest nade many $$$$$$ for that club over the years. good luck on your membership. I for one quit with all of that crap going on.
Even if they did have some benchrest match there I would not attend'''

What exactly happened up there--they say benchrest with a growl ---I just became a member and sense alot of tension sheeesh

Swissshooter,

If you hear of anything that could possibly resolve this matter at Canastota and possibly bring this range back to the Benchrest Community it would be greatly appreciated and if there is anything I can do to help please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thanks,
Russell Rains

PS, It is really a shame to see such a Premier Range as Canastota not being utilized as to what it was built to accommodate. Benchrest Shooting

This really bums me out. I just had a new 6mm ppc barrel chambered, just ordered another????? Have 2,000 bullets an 16 lbs of powder, with the idea of shooting here! Guess thats not happening!

Any place else in Central New York State to shoot br??

This really bums me out. I just had a new 6mm ppc barrel chambered, just ordered another????? Have 2,000 bullets an 16 lbs of powder, with the idea of shooting here! Guess thats not happening!

Any place else in Central New York State to shoot br??

You can come to the Camillus NY club. I don't know if you are available on Wed., but we shoot 200 yards VFS in the morning and after that we shoot 100 yards VFS, all at a club lever, but is lots of fun and we have some pretty good shootes.

http://www.camillussportsmensclub.com/news.php

Ed

Tony we have talked before . Join Camillus . I know it s a bit of a ride but its a good club. The range is usually open except when matches ar being held.
Every day from 9 am till dusk. pretty good range with stationary target boards at 50 100 and 200 yds for practice,
C amilus operates a web site that tells about up comeing event . league dates etc.
contact Bill Parfitt abnmout membership.

Hi Russ,

I read on page 23 of the April NBRSA publication a paragraph that stated Camillus Club was joining the Eastern Region of the NBRSA.

It seems odd that they would join and then the club would cancel benchrest matches.

Bill McIntyre

Hi Russ,

I read on page 23 of the April NBRSA publication a paragraph that stated Camillus Club was joining the Eastern Region of the NBRSA.

It seems odd that they would join and then the club would cancel benchrest matches.

Bill McIntyre

For those of you that have questions/concerns about the IBS match, please contact Bill Parfitt: wparfitt@netscape.com. He can and will answer the reasons as why this happened.

Ed

Back