A question about "Applied Ballistics" software

Wm Cook

Regarding "Applied Ballistics" software. Could anyone confirm that if I have an ammo built for a velocity of 2725 (168 grain Sierra MK) and I adjust my load to 2675 fps the only way I can go that route is to create an entirely new ammo profile. Example everything the same but one profile is committed to 2725, and another to 2675 fps. To repeat the question; I need to build an entirely separate file and then when I calculate ballistics I would choose either the 2725 or the 2675 fps. Bottom line, there is no way to change velocity on an existing created ammo file. Instead I need to build the same same except for velocity, then choose 2725 or 2675 fps before I calculate the trajectory. I'm coming off of using "Shooter" where variables could be adjusted within the file chosen. I didn't have to build a separate file in shooter, I just changed the variable within the file and then calculated the ballistics chart. Thanks, Bill.

Regarding "Applied Ballistics" software. Could anyone confirm that if I have an ammo built for a velocity of 2725 (168 grain Sierra MK) and I adjust my load to 2675 fps the only way I can go that route is to create an entirely new ammo profile. Example everything the same but one profile is committed to 2725, and another to 2675 fps. To repeat the question; I need to build an entirely separate file and then when I calculate ballistics I would choose either the 2725 or the 2675 fps. Bottom line, there is no way to change velocity on an existing created ammo file. Instead I need to build the same same except for velocity, then choose 2725 or 2675 fps before I calculate the trajectory. I'm coming off of using "Shooter" where variables could be adjusted within the file chosen. I didn't have to build a separate file in shooter, I just changed the variable within the file and then calculated the ballistics chart. Thanks, Bill.

First, AB has at least three different ballistics programs. I'm going to make the assumption you're using the "middle" one (not the one that comes with one of the books, and not the $200 Analytics package). If so, just go to where you would select your existing load, press and hold, and you should see the option to "duplicate". Select that, and you've now got a copy where you can make changes while having everything else brought over from the first load.

Hope that helps!
GsT

On my AB program on my iPhone, I left swipe the load on the ammunition list, and two choices come up, MORE, and DELETE. touch MORE, then select EDIT, and change the data to your new velocity info.

Interesting...

On my AB program on my iPhone, I left swipe the load on the ammunition list, and two choices come up, MORE, and DELETE. touch MORE, then select EDIT, and change the data to your new velocity info.

I was not aware that it was different on the iPhone. Even more interesting that they'd use differing terminology ("More" v. "Duplicate") between iPhone and Android.

GsT

Thanks very much to all. Turned out the program I have required a left swipe and it allowed me to adjust (or duplicate) for ammo data. I can adjust velocity, zero, etc. THANKS VERY MUCH. First impression is that it's a good program. Bill.

I was not aware that it was different on the iPhone. Even more interesting that they'd use differing terminology ("More" v. "Duplicate") between iPhone and Android.

GsT

Actually, after hitting MORE, you get 3 choices, EDIT, DUPLICATE, DUPLICATE TO FIREARM.

Back