A list of importance:

Hummer Rifle Stock

Did you try the New barreled action in the Black stock? That would be the only to find out if it is, in fact the action, wouldn't it?

Thanks,

Pete

MAYBE.......

NO....I wasn’t about to touch the Blue Light Special,just to satisfy curiosity, for obvious reasons.

The mistake I made was buying a second Rifle. I should have put the money in barrels and bullets. And spent more time learning how to shoot the “Blue Light Special”. That Rifle was a big part of my ultimate addiction to the sport. I once owned a 952 that had the same effect. There most likely was a fix for the new rifle, unfortunately, it got stolen before I could hand it over to a competent Rifle smith.

You don’t need a back up Rifle at a Benchrest Match. All you need are friends.:) When both rifles got stolen, fellow competitors loaned me rifles to shoot at matches. One Competitor even let me shoot one of his Rail Guns in an unlimited match. Bought a Rail Gun not long afterwards. This kind of camaraderie went on, until I had another Rifle built. A fellow competitor did a free barrel chamber for the newly acquired Rifle. It was fun shopping with all that insurance money.:D

Those are the kind of people you meet and interact with at a Benchrest match. Thats what keep me coming back. Of course,Im not telling you anything that you don’t already know.

Happy New Year

Glenn

Yes, I've experienced the same

MAYBE.......

NO....I wasn’t about to touch the Blue Light Special,just to satisfy curiosity, for obvious reasons.

The mistake I made was buying a second Rifle. I should have put the money in barrels and bullets. And spent more time learning how to shoot the “Blue Light Special”. That Rifle was a big part of my ultimate addiction to the sport. I once owned a 952 that had the same effect. There most likely was a fix for the new rifle, unfortunately, it got stolen before I could hand it over to a competent Rifle smith.

You don’t need a back up Rifle at a Benchrest Match. All you need are friends.:) When both rifles got stolen, fellow competitors loaned me rifles to shoot at matches. One Competitor even let me shoot one of his Rail Guns in an unlimited match. Bought a Rail Gun not long afterwards. This kind of camaraderie went on, until I had another Rifle built. A fellow competitor did a free barrel chamber for the newly acquired Rifle. It was fun shopping with all that insurance money.:D

Those are the kind of people you meet and interact with at a Benchrest match. Thats what keep me coming back. Of course,Im not telling you anything that you don’t already know.

Happy New Year

Glenn

generally, if a rifle breaks in a match someone offers one to finish with. I know of at least one shooter who generally has two competitive extra rifles ready to shoot and when I was shooting a lot, I use to have an extra ready to go. Generally speaking, shooters are generous to a fault, so to speak. At least in the CF world. That said, most of the Score shooting world pre-loads so one gets the whole package.

I hear you on not wanting to take that action out of the stock but I'd want to know if it was the action or the stock OR the combination I think. When I first started shooting serious Benchrest, I had some real goood barrels and thought they were all that good I guess but after I'd sold them, I learned the difference. I agree, buying barrels and bullets is way ahead of more rifles. I shot a match at Lakeland, FL once and noticed a barrel vise fastened to an upright under the canopy. Guess others have believed that logic in the past.

Happy New Year to you as well'

Pete

Back