A hopeful sign?

Al Nyhus

"It'll never work!"
My local store had about 80,000 Federal 210 large rifle primers this morning.

rtSKjNal.jpg

Sportsmans Warehouse here has a limit of 2 boxes of ammo per caliber. Lots of 270 Win, 7 mag, 25-06 ammo on the shelves. Nobody wants it apparently. If they had 6.5 Manbun one could probably double his money.

Pretty risky to ship stuff now I expect, esp. via the USPS. Picture borrowed showing a USPS facility in Somewhere, U.S.A.

Iokn8Xe.png

i have a package going to bat machine.
usps 2 DAY flat rate
sent last sat.
on a truck last sat.
NO UPDATES IN FIVE DAYS.
ARIZONA TO IDAHO.....
IT COULD HAVE WALKED BY NOW.
and usps has the crappiest "customer service" in the world.
when they call back there will be NO INFORMATION on the location of the package or the trailer.

usps 2 DAY flat rate
sent last sat.
on a truck last sat.
NO UPDATES IN FIVE DAYS.
ARIZONA TO IDAHO.....
when they call back there will be NO INFORMATION on the location of the package or the trailer.

Ain't none of this new. It is the new norm..

well i ship on a regular basis..
this is not normal to loose a package for 5 days

Maybe not, but I've had three packages disappear in the last two weeks. All three reappeared 3-4 days later. They might reach their destination 7-10 days and should have been 2-3. I'm guess glad they have reappeared at all. I mail packages daily and I can normally go 8-10 months with no problems.

Rick

It's certainly not the norm...

well i ship on a regular basis..
this is not normal to loose a package for 5 days

...but I've had it happen to me, and everything worked out in the end (package 'found' and delivered). With any luck you'll get the same result, albeit a bit later than you would have liked.

GsT

usps 2 DAY flat rate
sent last sat.
on a truck last sat.
NO UPDATES IN FIVE DAYS.
ARIZONA TO IDAHO.....

JEEZE LOUISE! You expect them to know where in a trailer your package is?

Everything is slow because of holiday volume and they are short of help due to COVID and people quitting. For the most part I've had pretty good service.

duh
they know what trailer a package put in.
or what airplane ground or air for priority mail

( i use to work in usps, specifically PRIORITY MAIL)
no update on a package location for SEVEN days is abnormal.

on the east coast in a snow storm. maybe, but this is a straight shot from phoenix to idaho.
as it is the trailer went to seatle first...most likely it got put on the wrong trailer
( a lot of priority goes on planes, the long delay says this went by truck).

JEEZE LOUISE! You expect them to know where in a trailer your package is?

Everything is slow because of holiday volume and they are short of help due to COVID and people quitting. For the most part I've had pretty good service.

I checked Powder Valley

the other evening and lo and behold they had 8# jugs of H4198. I texted a couple of friends who needed some and both got one jug that evening. The next morning PV was sold out. Man, you just gotta keep checking and buy when you find it or someone else will.

On and off

I have had problems with USPS shipping long guns. My last episode was 2 years ago when I wanted to ship a shotgun to a repair shop in NY. The lady behind the counter asked me what was in the package and I told her. She said you can't ship that USPS. I said yes I can..its a long gun going to a FFL shop for repair. I can send it and receive it when done. She said no you can't. I told her she was wrong and please consult your supervisor. She did and came back and said I can ship it only if its broken down. It was and I told her so, but even the supervisor didn't know what is ok firearms shipping wise.

I have solved that problem.

duh
they know what trailer a package put in.
or what airplane ground or air for priority mail

( i use to work in usps, specifically PRIORITY MAIL)
no update on a package location for SEVEN days is abnormal.

on the east coast in a snow storm. maybe, but this is a straight shot from phoenix to idaho.
as it is the trailer went to seatle first...most likely it got put on the wrong trailer
( a lot of priority goes on planes, the long delay says this went by truck).

Yeah, they know what trailer it's in.Once it's dumped at a location like the pic I posted good luck. Since you used to work there is a delivery route [with exchange stops] coded in the tracking number? If I send a package from Ames to Apostrophe, Montana, do they know by which route it' supposed to go. What irks me is that route folks seem to have quit scanning in items at pickup. Mayhaps they took their scanners away.

Someone somewhere else once opined that for registered mail they kinda don't want you to know where it is.

actually registered is hand carried from container to container..it is know every step of the way.
a registered mail is very seldom( like never) "lost"

actually registered is hand carried from container to container..it is know every step of the way.
a registered mail is very seldom( like never) "lost"

I understand that, but I have heard it said that they don't necessarily want YOU to know where it is even tho THEY know where it is. Sadly however security is somewhat compromised since they don't include restricted delivery as a a part of the standard service; you have to pay extra for that. Anyone at the destination can sign for YOUR package assuming that they take the time to get a signature.

New York diamond merchants

I understand that, but I have heard it said that they don't necessarily want YOU to know where it is even tho THEY know where it is. Sadly however security is somewhat compromised since they don't include restricted delivery as a a part of the standard service; you have to pay extra for that. Anyone at the destination can sign for YOUR package assuming that they take the time to get a signature.

used to use registered mail for that reason. Not sure if they still do. Wouldn't surprise me if the do.

It's been touted that the Hope diamond was sent via registered mail. Thing is that you have to declare the true value of expensive shipments because they have various levels of additional security which could include following the deivery vehicle in an unmarked car if necessary. If you don't declare true value and if your shipment gets "lost" your claim will be denied based on had they known the true value they would have handled it differently.

FWIW I had a package picked up from my mailbox in Ames on Friday and it's already passed through Denver on its way to Douglas.

It's been touted that the Hope diamond was sent via registered mail.
Odd the things that can arrive in the US mail. When the gold vault at Fort Knox opened, everyone thought it would take a train shipment to deliver the bars. They ignored the steady vault employee runs to the Post Office....

Back