9mm/22LR bolt action "homemade"

Paccini

Hi guys. Shooter from New Zealand here. I have posted this thread on other forums so sorry if you have seen it before.
I may have finished my this project. I just need to polish it out and can call it done. I designed everything in Solidworks (somehow based on Rem 700) except for the back bolt (PTG) and a good friend of mine that has a CNC shop (shooter too) made it for me (that's why can;t call it "homemade". Let's say, "homedesigned"). Soon will send it out to have 2 barrels made. It's a 22LR and 9mm single shot action receiver using one action only: just change out firing pins, ejectors and front bolts (course, and barrels) and I am good to go, hopefully.
Made out of 17-4PH, 3D printed titanium bolt stop, 3 aluminum trigger hangers Rem 700 type with different cross pins spacing for more/less cock on close.
I want to shoot 22LR benchrest with it and for fun take my son to shoot the 9mm.
Sorry my bad writing.
More to come if there's interest.

Cheers
MFG

Attachments

• 22LR_godoy_01.jpg
    22LR_godoy_01.jpg
    978.2 KB · Views: 3,048
  • 22LR_godoy_02.jpg
    22LR_godoy_02.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8,231
  • 22LR_godoy_03.jpg
    22LR_godoy_03.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,709
  • 22LR_godoy_04.jpg
    22LR_godoy_04.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,823
  • 22LR_godoy_08.jpg
    22LR_godoy_08.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,169
  • 22LR_godoy_07.jpg
    22LR_godoy_07.jpg
    598.1 KB · Views: 2,799
Last edited:
I'm always interested in a bolt action build. Looks like a 40x mid lug bolt. I
always prefer to see a home made creation rather than a factory build

yes, man. i designed this action around the 40-x bolt, quite shorter, @ 6.7" long.

the action below is quite shorter, @ 6.5". i've gathered some net images and info on forums
and made this one. honestly, i've never seen a 40-x or a custom 22LR. again a 22LR only. based on falcons.

rimfire_godoy_V01.jpg

rimfire_godoy_V02.jpg

rimfire_godoy_V03.jpg

rimfire_godoy_V07.jpg

rimfire_godoy_V09.jpg

Nice , I made a rough copy of turbo action from pics I found on the web. How come you didn't make the bolt?

thanks scasa. for this last one, I have made it completely including bolt. for the 9mm/22LR the bolt is PTG. sorry, I wasn't clear.

regards

better images of the last one. i have also a couple of centerfire receivers made and I can post it if you guys are interested.

regards

MFG

all_godoy_01.jpg

Looks really nice and I've got a couple of questions. How did you cut for the locking lugs in the receiver on the center fire action. and on the Falcon type action how did you make the cutout for the off side locking lug. I may be doing it all wrong.

thanks for that guys.

scasa, see if the images can answer your doubts. a 5mm long end mill with light passes for the centerfire.

regards

godoy_CF.jpg

rimfire_godoy_V10.jpg

Yea that's pretty much how I do it. I do mine in the lathe with an air powered milling head on the cross feed and an indexing wheel on the spindle

Back