8oz trigger pull.......................

TJV

What is your opinion of having an 8OZ trigger pull (Jewell trigger) on a center fire bench rest rifle?

Too heavy?

Too light?

Just right?

Thanks.

Too heavy!

My B&A is set to 30-35 grams, or a little over an ounce. It took a while to get used to (DO NOT touch the trigger until ready to shoot!!), but now it's SWEET! I replaced my Jewel because after a while, I was thinking about the trigger during a shoot because it wasn't always consistent (yes, clean and lubed with lighter fluid). The B&A breaks like glass every time. YMMV of course.

Dennis

What is your opinion of having an 8OZ trigger pull (Jewell trigger) on a center fire bench rest rifle?

Too heavy?

Too light?

Just right?

Thanks.

Too heavy. I prefer no more than 2 ounces, preferably 1.5.

Last edited:
8 oz is enough to move the rifle maybe only a little,
but you want no influence from the trigger.
lite is a good thing in a bench gun

Too heavy...

1.5 to 2oz is my preferred weight. That's what any of the bench rest shooter I know set their's.

TJV

You may want to try different trigger settings to find what works best for you.

If you set at a desk and push keys on a computer all day your finger is gonna be more sensitive than a guy who works with wrenches for a living.

2oz was to light for me It went off to many times before I was wanted it to!

I Have to feel the trigger before it goes off. I started at 2oz factory set Jewell trigger and kept going up until there was no more surprises!

My triggers are more than 2oz and somewhere under 8oz.{I Think!}

Don't worry so much about exact weight find what works best for you.

Good Luck and enjoy the sport!
Russ

8oz trigger pull............................

Thanks everyone.

I am going to start with the 8oz trigger and go down from there. I have never pulled a 2oz trigger so I don't want to make that big of a jump (yet).

I appreciate everyone's feedback.

you do not PULL 2 oz br triggers, you TOUCH them..
my hand is on a bag NEXT to the rifle, not touching the rifle.
i touch the trigger only when all is right ad i want a shot down range.

Thanks everyone.

I am going to start with the 8oz trigger and go down from there. I have never pulled a 2oz trigger so I don't want to make that big of a jump (yet).

I appreciate everyone's feedback.

I takes a few minutes to get used to a 2oz trigger....three or four shots at best. Keep your finger off the darn thing until you're ready to shoot at first. As time progresses, 20 shots or so, you'll learn how to "pull" it. The only bad thing about a 2oz trigger is that you find yourself checking the safety when a regular ol' trigger won't seem to break.

Once You're Used To It........

There are days you can bounce on a 2oz trigger like a trampoline and the thing won't go off.

I currently use 1.5oz and can easily feel the difference with my baby-tender concrete finisher fingers.

Back