80 gr HPFB..

Here's the print for what my reamer will be like..fwiw. It should work for most 68gr fb bullets, up to about 80 grain bt or fb. I think the neck dimension will allow for a light cleanup cut at .271. If anyone knows differently, I'm open to suggestions.
View attachment 18857

Mike, I believe that Bill Scheider (Fowler Bullets) makes a 80 gr. FB 6mm bullet. I haven't shot any in several years, but they were excellent in a .243 that I once shot. Bill bought Jef's bullet making equipment and I believe the dies are Rorschach. Good shooting...James

Mike, I believe that Bill Scheider (Fowler Bullets) makes a 80 gr. FB 6mm bullet. I haven't shot any in several years, but they were excellent in a .243 that I once shot. Bill bought Jef's bullet making equipment and I believe the dies are Rorschach. Good shooting...James

Thank you James!

Spoke with Boyd Allen last night and he recommended I try an 80 gr in a standard BR with 0.135 throating. May do just that on my dad's 6 BR with a 12-twist barrel. I thought jackets would be the limiting factor, until I saw J-4 offers a 0.900". My Ulrich dies are 8.5 ogive, so they should produce a sleek FB pill. If that combination shoots, I may add a Grinch tube to my PPC.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Back