6x47L is it enough?

German,
Reading the above posts raised my curiousity to the point where I felt it necessary to go down to the loading room to check whether any of my GM205Ms are magnums - believe it or not, I found two 100ct. boxes with the magnum label mixed in with the last box of non-mags in a 1000ct. box. I've been using out of this box occasionally for the past 12-13yrs. The magnums have different lot #s than the non-magnums - how they got in a 1000ct. box of non-magnums is a mystery to me, as these are the only GM205Ms I've ever purchased.

I bought these primers from a local wholesaler after trading for a Stolle Panda LV rig in 6PPC at our club's gunshow back in '95 or '96. I compared them to plain old nickel-plated WSRs both on paper and over the chrono, and decided there wasn't much use in spending the extra $$ for the 205s, since all I was doing with the PPC was satisfying my curiousity.

I have 500 of the same primer German showed in the pic. Now back to the question. Do you think this is a good idea for use in a 6x47L? Will the hotter primer omit the supposed ignition problems? Thanks Lee

I have acsess to as many fed 205m primers as i would ever need. My reloading guy has at least 5 cases maybe more? I will try them out. i am getting ready to load some up!! Lee

Back