6MM Grendel 80gr flat base

Yes it works. 34.2 and 34.4 gr of 4198 is what shoots good out of it. 34.4 is up the neck just a little way.

I have no doubt that it works, but that's probably a very full case of H4198. I remember the "go to" 30 BR load use to be 33.8 grains...now people are cramming 36.0+/-, in there, and looking for more in some instances. The same powders that work well in the BR also work in the 30 Major/Grendel, but N120 is the magic pixie dust. If you can find(and afford!) it,..get some. Shiraz had some a while back.

Mike thank you for the info. I'll have to give yhat a try. We still have a lot of testing to do and all the info, help and opinions are helpful and appreciated.

I have heard rumors that there are some fellas shooting the 6mm Grendel with custom 80Gr flat base bullets in short range benchrest. I also heard they are shooting this combo with good success. I find this very interesting. Anyone around here know anything about this combo being shot?
I would have to assume one would need at least a 12 twist 6mm barrel to shoot the 80gr bullet. Out of curiosity I looked through Bruno's barrel stock, and I see that all the 12 twist 6mm barrels are out of stock. Maybe this doesn't mean a thing, or perhaps it does??? Any thoughts on the subject?
I have for sometime thought about trying a 12 twist with my standard 68gr bullets for my ppc. Probably not a very popular choice, but id love to know how one would shoot. Lee

I don't know about the Grendel but the Berger 80 gr. FB shoot very good in my 6BR and that is a 12 twist.
Tom

Went and tried out the 30 GBR today using 10X bullets. I was very surprised with the velocities. 33.2 gr of 4198 was 2995 fps and 34.4 was 3114.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-29-14-51-57.jpeg
    Screenshot_2016-05-29-14-51-57.jpeg
    758.1 KB · Views: 323
Back