6mm dasher reamer

skeetlee

What 6mm dasher reamer are most using with these new hybrid bullets meaning what or how much free bore? Also what neck diameter with the newer lapua bras? I am going to order a reamer before to long. Thanks lee

I am shooting a .136" FB with the hybrids. Works great. I went with a .264" neck so I can turn the brass down to create the false shoulder. As for length, I went with 1.555" chamber.

Lee, Right now i use a .155 FB. .266 neck and a 1.560 chamber length with the 105H and the 115 DTAC. I found that the 105 works better in .010, so the new reamer is a little shorter .135 FB. the rest stayed the same. 105H .010 in and the DTAC was a jump .014 is how i came up with the .135.I have a new barrel chambered with that reamer i want to try after the season is over this month....... jim

what free bore if you plan to shoot the 108 berger bullet? i have had good luck with them in the past. the last dasher barrel i had had a .104 free bore. seemed a little short to me???? lee

I like a longer FB, and own several Dasher reamers, and added a throater. My favorite Dasher is a Henriksen .266" and I run the FB out .061" to .165". I consider this a very universal length for many bullet styles. I have a prized Bartlein blank in my lathe right now, and it will get this exact setup, Tim.

Lee, i had no luck with the 108 Berger, the shoot ok but the 105H is longer and better BC. The .135 FB.works good with them...... jim

I called pacific tool just a bit ago and the lady told me that the standard reamer for the dasher with bku box lapua was a .2704 neck and a .104 free bore. I just dont think thats what I want to do. I will use old style brown box so I could turn the cases a touch. Not sure though. Lee

Lee, I don't know how many boxes you have, To buy a reamer for a small amount doesn't make sense. The new blue box a .269 neck is a skim job and a.104 free bore is too short for the 105H. Some will tell you it will work and it will but not very good......... jim

jim
i think your right. ill just put in the wait time and have one ground like i want it. .266 neck and a .150 freebore

Lee, I used a .155 free bore with the 105H and it worked but i found it shot best in .010 and this year i will use .135 FB. because i don't plan on going back to the 115's. The .266 neck is what i use also....... jim

Back