6br in a PPC bolt

Ajshooter

Jeff Youmans
I had a barrel chambered in 6br for my bat and it has a PPC bolt face . My plan was to send to bat to open up my bolt face instead I cut the case head on my brass to fit my bolt on my lath . Will I have any problem with this . Just want to see what the pros say.
Thank you Jeff

side thought

I wish there were some sort of rim trimmer that those of us who do not have lathes could turn rims down just for the reason you mention......

Calvin

Jeff, I've rebated rims forever. No problems at all. I even have some of Red Cornelison's shortened BR brass to a 222 bolt face.

From left-Remington BR brass-Lapua BR brass- Rebated to PPC size Norma BR brass, and rebated to 222 size.

I do not do this for anybody except myself and family.

I have a mini lath that works great for small jobs and it turned my case heads down great .
Just wanted to make sure there where no issues . Butch thank you for the input great info.

instead I cut the case head on my brass to fit my bolt on my lath . Will I have any problem with this . Just want to see what the pros say.
Thank you Jeff

Jeff,
Numerous people are doing this successfully to shoot the 30 BR in rifles with PPC boldfaces.
Dick

Butch howd you get that r-p brass with no flash holes?

Dusty, it was a special run of brass that Red Cornelison had made up. It helps when you are in with the guys at the top like Red was. Red had a right bolt left port 40XBR except that they wouldn't put the Remington name on it.

Dusty, it was a special run of brass that Red Cornelison had made up. It helps when you are in with the guys at the top like Red was. Red had a right bolt left port 40XBR except that they wouldn't put the Remington name on it.

Mike, do you know what the point was? To experiment with different hole sizes or to control the quality (burrless) of the hole? Or to just make us scratch our heads years later? -- Scott

Given the information we all have now, it would appear to be just for head scratching. Back then folks were big on hole size.

Jeff, I've rebated rims forever. No problems at all. I even have some of Red Cornelison's shortened BR brass to a 222 bolt face.

From left-Remington BR brass-Lapua BR brass- Rebated to PPC size Norma BR brass, and rebated to 222 size.

I do not do this for anybody except myself and family.

Butch.
I have a Borden 223 rifle. I Would like to turn as 308 rifle. Rebated 308 brass will have enough groove for the extractor work properly?

Thanks

I had a barrel chambered in 6br for my bat and it has a PPC bolt face . My plan was to send to bat to open up my bolt face instead I cut the case head on my brass to fit my bolt on my lath . Will I have any problem with this . Just want to see what the pros say.
Thank you Jeff

3 yrs ago, I had BAT open my bolt face from PPC to BR. The bolt was back quickly & switching back to PPC just requires switching the extractor.

Switching is not hard. Just put the bolt in a plastic freezer bag before taking taking out the extractor. Otherwise you'll probably be hunting for the spring & plunger!

Regards,
Ron

Ron has some good advice there with the plastic bag!

My rail gun bolt is a BR bolt and will extract PPC cases just fine. I bought the PPC extractor and never needed it. Either that or Allan Hall made the switch and forgot to tell me.

On the Panda action a BR boltface will extract BR and PPC cases with no problem. One of my Pandas even has the Kelbly (Tommy Kicker) manual ejector and it handles both flawlessly.

Tommy Kicker"

On the Panda action a BR boltface will extract BR and PPC cases with no problem. One of my Pandas even has the Kelbly (Tommy Kicker) manual ejector and it handles both flawlessly.

George never kicked me,,, only hit me w/flyswatter

According to Jim Borden, my new Borden Rim Rock action has a PPC/308 Bolt face. How does that work? If it is open enough for the 308, how does it work for a PPC?

Bob

After braking in barrel and working up load .
My 6br rebated cases are shooting great. These are three shot groups except the one in the upper right it's five. Some reason my pic turned .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 282
Back