6 mm remington

Have always had a fondness for the 6mm Remington.

In addition to several custom rifles, have owned three 6mm Remington caliber rifles in the Remington 788.

For quite a while, the Rem 788 was one of the few varmint caliber rifles available in left-hand.

Have had very good success on prairie dogs in Wyoming and Montana with the 75 grain Hornady.

Don't know if it will work on prairie dogs in South Dakota.

Hey, Bob, some nice...............

targets, maybe you got one of the ones that were made while Douglas was still providing those excellent barrels, used when that model came out.

Later barrels I've shot, seldom stood still for that kind of grouping....:D

targets, maybe you got one of the ones that were made while Douglas was still providing those excellent barrels, used when that model came out.

Later barrels I've shot, seldom stood still for that kind of grouping....:D
Thanks Brian, I think you got it right about the barrel....it is an early 1969 model when Douglas was supplying Ruger with barrels. Also, during that period, old Bill Ruger wanted a successful bolt gun and demanded they be assembled right and tight. Like you I've also owned Rugers that wouldn't "stand still" while shooting groups....they're gone.
I really just threw those loads together using new brass and a .243 seating die after checking some internet load recommendations. Next comes the tweaking....charge weights and seating depths. I'll probably even spring for some dies. ;)

I also have a 6 mm Rem Model 7oo bdl With the pressed checkering. {early 70.s}
I was amazed how well it shot after it got a decent bedding job. I shoot the 85 Sierra hp . It has shot
The 10 ring out on a 100 yd benchrest target. 5 shots. The cases were neck turned Rem and a CCI BR primer.
With a good load of H4895. Its sweet for an old rig.

Back