6.5x47L and Re15

E

Eric K

Hi Guys,

I developed an accurate load for Re15, but it is temperature sensitive. The load was pushing 130gr Bergers at 2920fps, but when the temp climbed I got sticky bolt lift and backed off. Should I try H4350 or Varget and try to reach that velocity or look for another node with re15. I am trying to get a competetive load, because I want to shoot at the World open in Williamsport in July.

Bartlein 1:8tw
Alpine action
MBR Tooley stock
Jim Borden (gunsmith)

Marion, I pushed above 37 grains. I know it is the max load listed for the 130, but at 65 degrees I did not have any pressure signs. At 78 degrees I had pressure signs and backed it off and accuracy came back. Then at 90 degrees the pressure picked up again and I backed it down again. I now have 3 loads for 70, 80 and 90 degrees. I don't want to keep on top of this tune, so my question should be. What powder is less sensitive to temperature changes. Will H4350 or Varget give me a wider tune window?

Thanks Eric

H4350 is the least temperature sensitive of the 8 extreme powders. What ever you decide keep it safe! Shoot a safe load for a hot day at sea level.

I have a friend in Texas that swears by 4350 in his 6.5x47L.

I've had problems with RL15 in .308 Win. When my 6.5x47L is finished, I plan to run H4350.

Back