4-18-2015 Strategic Edge UBR Results, A Perfect 100 yd Score

T

tn_chooter

Congratulations to Rob Talley for shooting a first ever 264 at 100 yds in UBR. It was only 6 weeks ago that Rick Fox predicted the elusive perfect match would fall this year……it didn't take long for his prediction to come true. Rob’s score will be immortalized on the Strategic Edge clubhouse.

Obviously we had very good conditions this morning in Chapel Hill, TN and the rain stayed away throughout the day. We had 7 shooters that bested a 500, and our highest Grand Ag was 511 by Jr Rigsby in the Unlimited Class. Scotty Crawford shot a 509 in the Custom Class, and Tim Harber shot a 505 in the Modified Class…..no one competed in the factory class. We had shooters make the drive from as far away as Birmingham, Chattanooga, Huntsville, and West Virginia, and I would say that the scores are indicative of a successful day.

Thanks for all that attended and helped put together a great match.

What caliber did Rob shoot?
And is this the equivelent of shooting a 25x in IBS/NBRSA competition. I can see some subtle differences, as the X on the UBR target is smaller on a 30 caliber target than the standard score target that is not Caliber specific.

Anyway, great shooting.

Jackie

Jackie,
Rob was shooting a 6PPC and did a heck of a job steering it. The difference between U.B.R. and IBS or NBRSA score is UBR shoots 24 record targets
where score shoots 25. The x in UBR is caliber specific, the 6mm X is bigger than the 30 by the difference in the caliber as is the 22.U.B.R. lets the 6's and 22's back in the score shooting game! There are 4 classes in UBR, Factory, Modified, Custom and Unlimited giving everyone an opportunity to compete at different levels. The ranges that are holding UBR matches around here are getting bigger and bigger each year because of the four classes and the level playing field of the caliber specific targets, if you're interested in holding a match contact Danny Hensley (his contact info is on the ultimatebenchrest.com site) Congrat's to Rob for the record!

Jackie,
Rob was shooting a 6PPC and did a heck of a job steering it. The difference between U.B.R. and IBS or NBRSA score is UBR shoots 24 record targets
where score shoots 25. The x in UBR is caliber specific, the 6mm X is bigger than the 30 by the difference in the caliber as is the 22.U.B.R. lets the 6's and 22's back in the score shooting game! There are 4 classes in UBR, Factory, Modified, Custom and Unlimited giving everyone an opportunity to compete at different levels. The ranges that are holding UBR matches around here are getting bigger and bigger each year because of the four classes and the level playing field of the caliber specific targets, if you're interested in holding a match contact Danny Hensley (his contact info is on the ultimatebenchrest.com site) Congrat's to Rob for the record!

Scotty, I looked at the UBR Format for our Club Matches a fews years ago when the concept was introduced. I will admitt it intrigued me.

But this was also at the same time that the NBRSA was getting VFS going strong, so we decided to keep the same target and Format as the NBRSA, (and IBS), uses.

I have talked to many of the regulars that attend our Matches, and there is little interest in changing over to UBR Format. We have very few dedicated score shooters that have not built some type of 30 cal to compete shooting at the traditional target.

Tradition is difficult to buck. Most shooters see the current IBS/NBRSA Format as a platform where you know the rules, and you build the best Rifle to compete within those rules. That more times than not means a 30.

But that is not to say I do not like the UBR Format. As I said, I find it intriguing. Just not practical for our program at this time.

Last edited:
Jackie

Jackie,
I understand what you're saying. The thing that I have noticed in
The past couple of years is that there are a lot of new shooters
That are shooting because of the format. A new shooter that comes
And competes in the factory class that see's the accuracy difference
Between a custom gun and a factory gun will probably be back next year with a modified
or custom gun and usually brings a friend to try the factory class.
One of the clubs that I shoot at use to shoot nothing but score
Shoots but now shoots UBR, the attendance is probably up by
30 percent.

Back