30br-Dasher

Jackie,
It does seem to be worth it just still thinking about dies... I see that redding makes a 6 dasher fl bushing die wondering if I can just put a 30cal bushing in that die and now it is a 30dasher ...I know i'll give them a call just wondering if anybody has tried that??

No, you can not use the die out of the box for a 30 cal, however you can bore the shoulder area out with a carbide boring bar and then it will work for a 30. Eventhough it is a bushing die the shoulder area near the neck is too small for a 30 cal.

Dies? No Problem

As Suggested by Al N, I talked to Jim C at JLC and he will make either the redding 6dasher Die fit for $20.00 or he will do the Forster Die (turning that into a bushing die) for $40.00 I just have to supply him with the die, and seater die is a non issue.
So looking forward to the Dasher experience who knows maybe a dud but sure won't know till I try, thanks to all that helped.

Steve.

i know this is an old thread but I couldn't find anything new about the .30 Dasher.

i am having one built, I have a couple 6mm dashers and have the reamer for that and will use it for the .30 Dasher, the Wilson Dasher Nk die works for .30 cal so I'll use that, I still need to make a full size die and a seater die.

i have Krieger 18 twist .30cal HV barrel that will be put on a Bat-B action in McMillan stock.

Now is this something worth building or should I stick with .30BR ?

What bullets would be best for the Dasher ?

What powder and load should I try ? i only have VitaVuori powders, no american powders here in Iceland.

Wind is a big problem here, on a 100y range the wind can be from 4 different directions at various windspeeds so everything to fight the wind helps.

Last edited:
i know this is an old thread but I couldn't find anything new about the .30 Dasher.

i am having one built, I have a couple 6mm dashers and have the reamer for that and will use it for the .30 Dasher, the Wilson Dasher Nk die works for .30 cal so I'll use that, I still need to make a full size die and a seater die.

i have Krieger 18 twist .30cal HV barrel that will be put on a Bat-B action in McMillan stock.

Now is this something worth building or should I stick with .30BR ?

What bullets would be best for the Dasher ?

What powder and load should I try ? i only have VitaVuori powders, no american powders here in Iceland.

Wind is a big problem here, on a 100y range the wind can be from 4 different directions at various windspeeds so everything to fight the wind helps.
I would use n-130 it worked good for me and 125 grain bullets

I couldn't, in good faith

opine on this subject any longer. I found Nirvana in another area of Benchrest shooting with civilized rifles and 6 times more shooting for the effort of going to a match.

Pete

Back