300 yard ppc

Skeet, we once had a 100/200/300/400 yard club shoot on a monthly basis. I had to chose between a 6mm Dasher (8 twist) and a 6 PPC (14 twist). I went with the 6 PPC and it proved worthy. With a Borden action/Bartlein barrel/Roberson stock, I dropped only one point on the 1/2 MOA score targets. (The 400 yard target used the 300 yard score target...but the 9 ring became a 10 and the 10 ring was an "x".) I dropped the one point at 300 yards. I used a 66 gr. BT bullet made by Richard Milton, and N133 powder. The 6 PPC is very capable up to 300 yards. James

Al
you are correct. i pay little attention to records unless, they are shot by shooters that are consistently on top. I am sure i am thinking more into all this than necessary, but thats what i do. I do all my homework now before i buy or do anything. I went down the wrong road when i first started all this, and it cost me. I now have the proper equipment set up just as i like, and i must say, all my rifles are shooting well when i do my part. My wife inst working, and my corn is not planted due to the wet weather we have had here in Illinois this spring, and i am not pouring any concrete either, so i MUST make smart choices. I really want to play this little 300 yard f-class game we have here across the hill, and being that it is a local match i must go to win. I must also admit, i am taken by the appearance of that 88gr Berger bullet standing tall while sitting in that ppc case here on my desk. it looks like a winner to me. " Ill post a pic" However after much reading and thinking maybe, just maybe i should stick with something more traditional. If i buy a 13.5 twist barrel i can shoot some of those high BC 66 and 69grain Berger varmint bullet, or i can find a custom bullet that is a little more sleek than the style i am using now for 100 and 200, or as some have said, it wont matter what ppc bullet i use as long as it aggs properly. My only real concern is not having any wind flags at this match. If we could use wind flags there is no question what i would use. thanks for the opinions fellas, as always, good or bad, i appreciate them! Lee

Back