30 BR questions

N

NesikaPPC

Does anyone make 30 BR brass? Or is it made from 6 BR? Where can I find some?

Robert

It is made by either necking-up, or, fire-forming 6mm BR brass. For 'ready-to-shoot' brass, contact Ron Hoehn: 636-745-8144.

Or...some of my cases were made from necking up Remington 7mm BR Brass, back when it was cheap & Norma weren't around. Now, who could I have learned that from...:cool:

(They shoot fine, too, R.G. If they were still $0.20 per case, I'd be using them now.)

Or...some of my cases were made from necking up Remington 7mm BR Brass, back when it was cheap & Norma weren't around. Now, who could I have learned that from...:cool:

(They shoot fine, too, R.G. If they were still $0.20 per case, I'd be using them now.)

Yep, I've got about 1,000 of them (7BR Rem. brass), sorted by weight, in three bags - they hold up pretty well - just not as long as the Lapua; after proving to myself that they 'work', I haven't used any . . . they're my 'reserve'! I had plumb forgotten about them. :eek: ;) RG

where are you?

Does anyone make 30 BR brass? Or is it made from 6 BR? Where can I find some?

Robert

I am in Wilmington at Buccaneer Gun Club. I am learning to shoot IBS for Score.I have been to Palmetto gun club in Summerville SC
for 2 matches. I finished next to last and 3rd from last. I also learned that my barrel was shot out after 7000+ rounds. I now have a new Bartlien barrel
and some good reloading info from some friends I have made recently and hope to shoot a lot better.
I am thinking about getting our range certified by IBS to hold some matches. Our problem is we can shoot about 12 shooters at 100 yds but only 6 at 200 yds.
If you want to contact me my name is Jeff Fountain and my email is fntntire@bellsouth.net

I am in Wilmington at Buccaneer Gun Club. I am learning to shoot IBS for Score.I have been to Palmetto gun club in Summerville SC
for 2 matches. I finished next to last and 3rd from last. I also learned that my barrel was shot out after 7000+ rounds. I now have a new Bartlien barrel
and some good reloading info from some friends I have made recently and hope to shoot a lot better.
I am thinking about getting our range certified by IBS to hold some matches. Our problem is we can shoot about 12 shooters at 100 yds but only 6 at 200 yds.
If you want to contact me my name is Jeff Fountain and my email is fntntire@bellsouth.net

Jeff, we use to shoot NBRSA group matches there...Never was any 200 yards in those days, so it was always a 4-gun match.

If you want a model for 100 yard only, K.C. Young shoots a bunch of score matches at Black Creek, Virgina, and he only has 100 yards -- well, 100 meters too; in fact, there is a 100 meter match tomorrow.

I don't think we'll see the 40+ guns like we had in the early 1990s with the 2-day NBRSA group matches. But if your club would hold sanctioned IBS matches, there's a good chance you'd get 20 guns after the program got established. Maybe more if you offered "factory" and "modified" classes through the club portion of a match.

Keep us informed. It's a 4-hour drive for me, so farther than Black Creek, but in these days of schedule conflicts with matches, it's easier to drive 4 hours than to be 2 places at once...

Back