30 BR Change Barrel

rkittine

I am considering getting a Change Barrel for my Short Range (100/200 yard) Bench Rest Rifle, which makes Heavy Varmint Class. What Bullet, Neck, Twist and Free Bore is recommended for shooting Score at 100 / 200 with this rifle?

Thanks, Bob

What I build for the guys

is a .330 nk dia, zero FB 17 or 18 tw. Lots of good bullets out there that will shoot with this combo.

Richard

Thanks Richard, Would the correct projectiles be in the 100 grain range for those twists?

Not the same Richard but, 110-118gr would probably be the ones you want. Most of the customs are going to be on the heavy end of that spread.

Rick

It's been covered several times on this forum but I'll mention it again. There are two common but different OAL case length reamers out there in use. Even if both have zero freebore it does not equal the same effective freebore. There is .040" difference so it's not trivial. The Grizzly print is marketed as "Robinett" but it is not the original "Robinett" dimension. If you are necking up and firing 30 cal bullet you'll probably want the shorter reamer, if you are using a fire forming barrel and firing a 6mm bullet (aka Jackie Schmidt method) you'll probably want the longer reamer.

Attachments

• Grizzly 30BR Robinette 1_560.pdf
    12.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 30 BR WCS 1_520.pdf
    566.2 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Back