.236 or .237 ?

Iv'e noticed that since cut rifled barrels have become THE barrel of choice, most of the boys prefer a .237 over a .236. Iv'e used both but the way I shoot I'm hard pressed to tell the difference. Appreciate your opinions as usual.

Martin

Ive captured bullets with 11' of foam (reduced loads) and performed various push tests with both .236 and .237.......I just say im sticking to .237 for good

Iv'e noticed that since cut rifled barrels have become THE barrel of choice, most of the boys prefer a .237 over a .236. Iv'e used both but the way I shoot I'm hard pressed to tell the difference. Appreciate your opinions as usual.

Martin

There's nothing wrong with a .236 that a .237 won't cure. ;) RG

It doesn't mean a rats rear end...... Like one barrel maker said i'll stamp on what will make you feel good.... or get .2365....jim

I can't speak to the effects of this difference in a PPC, but I can report that tests have shown a dramatic differences with certain long range style bullets in a 6BR. One particular bullet that does not do well with a .237 barrel, did an outstanding job with a .236. Some of the information on this came from Jackie Schmidt, and the testing was done with his rail.

I believe some barrels like certain bullets better than others.
I believe Gene Bukys showed Jackie that his barrels were not all the same dimensions as marked.

I can only use a Dasher at long range, three different brands of barrels and different actions and stocks and all shoot the same. The same seating depth,same load same primer and the same bullet, the only thing the in common in the three is the reamer and the scopes used....... jim

Back