22's in unlimited?

(It's easier to shoot a 6 PPC especially when you don't have a lot of time to devote to shooting benchrest)

Now that i can understand!!!!

I am curious as to how many of the fellas that shoot the 22ppc short chamberings use a special made reamer for the 22ppc short or if you just use a 22ppc FL reamer stopped .100 short? I have two new 22ppc 100 short barrels that i bought from a fella that Dave Bruno chambered and they both shoot very well but they were chambered with a standard 22ppc reamer stopped .100 short. This method seems pretty common and it does work, but i just dont think it is the proper way to go about all this. I am having Dave kiff make me a new reamer and a new FL die reamer at this time. I have had a little trouble finding a FL die that would fit and size my cases properly with the standard short chambers, so i am hoping the new reamer will solve all those problems. Lee

Lee, I used to use a .22 PPC reamer run in short, but have used a reamer made especially for the .22 Waldog for both the Waldog and the .100 short PPC with go gages for each. For a size die, I use a Harrel die. I sent him three fired cases from my chamber and had them make the die to match the fired cases. I had the reamer made .002 over case web diameter at the .200 datum line on the reamer. I also had a reamer made that had a body for the .100 short with the neck left full length. The neck is about .375" long. It uses the same die as the .100 short with the bushings being deep enough to size the full length of the neck. I had to ream the seater die for the extra length of the neck. The seater die is a standard Wilson die shortened .100".

Last edited:
Back