220 Russian Brass Question........

S

scott mims

Reusing 220 Russian Brass Question........

sorry for the dumb question. I was wondering if you would shoot brass in different barrels. 99.9% sure same reamer. The reason I am asking I have kept all of my brass for the last 8 years +/-. they have been shot in maybe 2 to 3 at the most matches (I have them seperated by the barrels I shot them in)(when i get home from a match and if I think I will not shoot them anymore I write the barrel number on them ) dumb I know but if you know me it makes perfect since :) . can I get a few more matches out of them in different barrels

moneys tight so just trying to find ways to save with out hurting accuracy

Again sorry for the idiot question :)

and thanks ahead of time....... especially yall that dont call me stupid :)

Last edited:
sorry for the dumb question. I was wondering if you would shoot brass in different barrels. 99.9% sure same reamer. The reason I am asking I have kept all of my brass for the last 8 years +/-. they have been shot in maybe 2 to 3 at the most matches (I have them seperated by the barrels I shot them in)(when i get home from a match and if I think I will not shoot them anymore I write the barrel number on them ) dumb I know but if you know me it makes perfect since :) . can I get a few more matches out of them in different barrels

moneys tight so just trying to find ways to save with out hurting accuracy

Again sorry for the idiot question :)

and thanks ahead of time....... especially yall that dont call me stupid :)

Works fine for me, but I cut all my chambers nearly identical so they are all interchangeable, also any brass that ages and starts to size differently gets annealed and is back to acting like new brass.

I've used the same brass in four different barrels before. Won a couple Two Guns and a 4 Gun with it so I don't pay much attention to the folks who say you gotta have new brass for every match--unless they're talking about it in a context of shooting so hot that the cases won't hold primers anymore.

The trick is using the same reamer for each barrel and having 'smith who knows how to get very consistent headspaces from barrel to barrel.

Bottom line, if the bullet feels like it seats consistent in every case, and the bolt opens without clicking, the brass will be competitive. At least that's my experience. I'm sure others would argue with that.:eek:;)

I see no problem using brass from one barrel and resizing it to begin life in another.
As long as your not swithching them back and forth constantly everything should be fine.

You think your frugal? I've been using the same 100 cases for four years and they came used with the gun;)

Back