22-250 Cartridge Components

B

breh

I just purchased a Savage 12 FLV, Varmiter, in 22-250. I would greatly appreciate recommendations of the cartridge components to use to make an accurate load, i.e. the brass, bullet and powder. Also, if you have any comments on the 12 FLV I would appreciate hearing them. Thanks for your attentiong to my request.

Herb

Brass, Winchester. I won't bother explaining at this point, but I have valid reasons for this choice.
Powder, Hogdon. Just buy the appropriate Hogdon (or IMR) for your bullet weight choice and don't worry about it. I've tested brands against brands, powder is powder.
Bullets, Berger. Light bullets will be more accurate for you, heavy bullets will make it easier to hit stuff far away.

Herb,
Win, R-P or FC brass, Fed 210, WLR or Rem Primers, H380, H4895 (my favorite), IMR 4064 powder, for paper 52 gr Scheider/Fowler FB Match, for deer Sierra 55 gr GameKing #1365, for varmints 50-55 gr BlitzKing or Nosler Ballistic Tip, some like it seated close to lands, some like a LOT of jump, usually hotter is better, you can buy into the barrel burner crap if you want but my 22-250 rem VSSF has over 4500 rds, still shoots bug holes, (never been run hot, 5-7 shot groups then kool down), Savage 12 LRPV over 2500 rounds, still shoot like a house on fire, I like my Mag's but love my 22-250 for deer,

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

22-250

Don't know twist in your Savage 12 FLV, Varmiter, in 22-250
But friend has a 1/7 twist and he uses 4007sssc, Lapua Brass, cci Br primers man his gun shoots 90gr Berger match

to make it simple, get you a Lee zero error target Loader. Winchester brass, 36.5 gr. of IMR 4064 , sierria 53gr match, federal 210 match primers. the Lee loader will get your brass all the same and will seat the bullet straight. this is the simplest and easiest system to use.

Back