219 wasp short brass

Does anyone have any idea where to get pre formed 219 wasp brass with the short brass length. I have an old Mauser rifle that uses the 1.75 brass not the 1.813 I have read that you can not simply run the 1.813 brass through the 1.75 die. The rifle is an old piece if history that I love to shoot but I'm running out of brass and I don't see myself buying a full forming set and going through all the steps. There used to be a gentleman on gunbroker who sold it formed from 30/30 brass but it seems like he's gone.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Richard

You might try over on the accurate reloading in the custom section .
The Saubier forum is also worth a try.

Hal

I have the RCBS dies that I've made several hundred with.
In the process of moving now, but I could make you some in several months.
My Wasp has 7800 rounds.
(Simple fix is to sell me your rifle.)
Newton
I would definitely take you up on making me some in several months. As far as selling it, I don't think anyone else would think the rifle is as cool as I do. It looks like he'll. It is at least 50 years old. The stock literally looks like a table leg. I got it at a gun store for cheap because they had no idea what it was or what caliber it was. I chamber cast it and clean half a ton of rust off of it. I love bringing it out at the range.

My Taylor and Robbins Wasp case is 1.71”. Jack Harrison who formed mine advertised on gunbroker. He hasn’t been on there for a while.

He used Winchester 30-30 and small primer 30 American brass I found from guys on Accurate Shooters. The small primer brass shoots a bit smaller in my 25 lb rifle. Jack also turned the rims to .473”

Attachments

• E6DD683F-9DEE-4955-8A0B-60AD84CC6EDA.jpeg
    E6DD683F-9DEE-4955-8A0B-60AD84CC6EDA.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 215
  • A9854AF9-9784-485F-A22D-E765B47B0657.jpeg
    A9854AF9-9784-485F-A22D-E765B47B0657.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 229
Last edited:
My Taylor and Robbins Wasp case is 1.71”. Jack Harrison who formed mine advertised on gunbroker. He hasn’t been on there for a while.
Here’s an email I have for him: harrison4570@charter.net

He used Winchester 30-30 and small primer 30 American brass I found from guys on Accurate Shooters. The small primer brass shoots a bit smaller in my 25 lb rifle. Jack also turned the rims to .473”

Awesome!!!
I will try to email him. Thank you so much! Nice shooting by the way!

Wasp

I would definitely take you up on making me some in several months. As far as selling it, I don't think anyone else would think the rifle is as cool as I do. It looks like he'll. It is at least 50 years old. The stock literally looks like a table leg. I got it at a gun store for cheap because they had no idea what it was or what caliber it was. I chamber cast it and clean half a ton of rust off of it. I love bringing it out at the range.

That's EXACTLY why I, like you, find it attractive. Yours was born when mine was old enough to vote (legally).
I know, or think, that you can get what you want from EABrown. Or are his all 1.813"?
From start to finish, it takes me just shy of 4hrs to make 50 cases.
Can't you just run the 1.813's through the short 3rd die and file off the 0.063?
We'll keep in touch.
N

You are awesome!!! Jack is certainly the person who did them for me before and he is making me a new batch. They are more expensive than mat h prepped 6mm ppc but I don't care im stoked to have them coming. Thank you so much for the help

That's EXACTLY why I, like you, find it attractive. Yours was born when mine was old enough to vote (legally).
I know, or think, that you can get what you want from EABrown. Or are his all 1.813"?
From start to finish, it takes me just shy of 4hrs to make 50 cases.
Can't you just run the 1.813's through the short 3rd die and file off the 0.063?
We'll keep in touch.
N

I was told the 1.813 can't be made into 1.750. I'm not really sure why. I got in touch with the gentleman who makes it from 30/30. He's doing 100 for me for $1 per piece. Pretty expensive but I know its extremely labor intensive.

You are awesome!!! Jack is certainly the person who did them for me before and he is making me a new batch. They are more expensive than mat h prepped 6mm ppc but I don't care im stoked to have them coming. Thank you so much for the help

I’m glad Jack is making cases for you. The Wasp is a great old cartridge to shoot.

Back