2020 NBRSA Nats dates?

liljoe

Anyone have a tentative date for the NBRSA Nationals? And possibly the IBS Nationals also?
Was hoping to get them scheduled for vacation days next year.
Thanks
Joe Hynes

NBRSA Nationals-Group

Joe
The STL Benchrest schedule for 2020 shows the
NBRSA Nationals Group Sept 28----Oct 3, 2020

I think that is good dates at this time--subject to change???

Have no info on IBS Nationals either when or where.
Wish it was at Holton again--they run a such a good match!!!!
CLP

Last edited:
Doc's dates are correct according to what was posted on the NBRSA website today.

May be a bit late cuz it's hot hot hot............down there.

Later
Dave

Ibs nationals-mainville pa

I have been told that the IBS Nationals Mainviile Club is limited
with regard to power, reloading facilities and camping.
1. The clubhouse can be used for some reloading w/power
2. They have an open pavillion with one power outlet.
3. They intend to erect a reloading tent with a possible plug.
4. Their is no camping facilities. They have a parking lot.
RV's can park, however, leveling may be challenging
and their is no power. One must supply your own generator.
It is unknown if the facility will support a large 5th wheel or motor home?
5. Most people have converted over to weighing with electric scales as opposed
to throwing powder. One may have to use some type of battery for your scale.

My way

I had no trouble with my motor home and trailer good and solid for any rig but have to level they have showers at club house some loading 50 yds uphill to benches range is like harts water at club house need your own electric i do mot reconmend tents matches have been well run benches are of solid wood facing uphill remember fellows need good turnouts to keep going do your best to make it bill brawand please come

The Group Nationals, at this time anyway, is a six day marathon. The number of clubs/ranges that can and are able to host the endurance test is limited. We cannot go to Weikert every year. That is too much of a burden on the club and its stalwarts, like Mark Trutt and Dale Boop. How many of you would take a week of vacation and WORK for the benefit of your fellow shooters? I am pretty sure that neither of those fellows gets 4 or 5 weeks of vacation time from their jobs. And that does not include the countless hours of work beforehand, such as getting the targets ready, making sure the backers are set up, and a myriad of other details that the average shooter assumes appears from the heavens without anyone's efforts.

Mainville, PA is an excellent range and well located, only five miles from the "Mainville" exit of I-80. It has hosted many IBS Nationals. I was there in the early 1980s when Pat McMillen shot a .1604" agg in one of the classes which stood for many years. True, power is limited. But the grounds are large and the club will make some accommodations. The club recently added some good showers.

We have to go where the clubs can host our Nationals. I guess the bar has been raised at Weikert and a few other similar ranges where large RVs, air conditioners and other amenities are the norm. If I am not mistaken, the Ben Avery range in Phoenix does not have power either? I have been there, but do not recall.

Jeff Stover
IBS President

Last edited:
The Group Nationals, at this time anyway, is a six day marathon. The number of clubs/ranges that can and are able to host the endurance test is limited. We cannot go to Weikert every year. That is too much of a burden on the club and its stalwarts, like Mark Trutt and Dale Boop. How many of you would take a week of vacation and WORK for the benefit of your fellow shooters? I am pretty sure that neither of those fellows gets 4 or 5 weeks of vacation time from their jobs. And that does not include the countless hours of work beforehand, such as getting the targets ready, making sure the backers are set up, and a myriad of other details that the average shooter assumes appears from the heavens without anyone's efforts.

Mainville, PA is an excellent range and well located, only five miles from the "Mainville" exit of I-80. It has hosted many IBS Nationals. I was there in the early 1980s when Pat McMillen shot a .1604" agg in one of the classes which stood for many years. True, power is limited. But the grounds are large and the club will make some accommodations. The club recently added some good showers.

We have to go where the clubs can host our Nationals. I guess the bar has been raised at Weikert and a few other similar ranges where large RVs, air conditioners and other amenities are the norm. If I am not mistaken, the Ben Avery range in Phoenix does not have power either? I have been there, but do not recall.

Jeff Stover
IBS President

Jeff, this year st Ben Avery there was no full hook up camping for RV’s. In years past they had a huge generator, and a water truck and honey wagon came by at designated times.

There is camping at Ben Avery, but it is not at the range. It’s in a designated RV camp site down the road.

Ben avery

Jeff, this year st Ben Avery there was no full hook up camping for RV’s. In years past they had a huge generator, and a water truck and honey wagon came by at designated times.

There is camping at Ben Avery, but it is not at the range. It’s in a designated RV camp site down the road.

As per the internet, Ben Avery is a state shooting and camping area. The net states that they have 95 camp sites(53-water,power
and 42-no utilities) at Campground East. They have an additional 22 camp sites with full hook ups(water,power,sewage) at their Central
Camp.

Back