2019 Gulf Coast Schedule

Mike Bryant

This is pretty well the final version of the 2019 GC Region NBRSA schedule. I figured this schedule needed to be seen by the GC members as soon as possible as the first VFS match will be held at Walker County Benchrest in Huntsville in January. Not a lot of time between now and then. The Bluebonnet will be the Texas State LV and Texas State HV with the Texas State UL and Texas State HV being shot at Seymour. We had to move the Midland match in July to the last weekend of June because the WBC is being held in July. Note, this match will be the Gulf Coast Regional UL & HV Tough to have it in June when the match director is going to the WBC. As in previous years, the first part of the GC region annual meeting will be held in New Braunfels on Saturday after the 100 yard stage of the Bluebonnet. It will be continued at the Buffalo Shoot in Midland in September so that members of the region can have their say about any agenda items that will be presented at the Director's meeting in Phoenix in October. Fortunately, Texas Tech has finalized their 2019 football schedule and they will be playing ball in Norman the weekend of the Cotton Boll match in Lubbock the last weekend of September which will also be the finish for the GC Regional LV and HV. We should be able to get better motel rates with it not being a home football weekend.

Note, there has been a change to the January match at Walker County. It is on January 27th now and not both the 26th and 27th. Format is VFS 200/300.

Attachments

• 2019 GC Region Schedule.pdf
    88.8 KB · Views: 523
  • 2019 GC Region Schedule.docx
    14.1 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
Now that's what I call being on the ball = getting the schedule out before shooters start begging to see when matches are going to be so they can arrange for time off and make sure they don't get in trouble for not being home for a wedding, anniversary, birthday, christening, etc. Seems to me I remember a guy once missed his grandchild's christening how he is still married I don't know. But that had nothing to do with scheduling.

Dan Honert

Good job Mike. Now, all thats needed is for the other Regions to follow up with an early posted match schedule for 2019. There is no better way to get off to a good start for the upcoming season than knowing when and where to be to enjoy the fun and games.

Glenn

Thanks Mike!

I appreciate the schedule being posted in this timely manner. If you're willing to invest the windshield time, there are many great opportunities to compete. For us in Texas, add in the various Clay shoots, Mike Cockcroft's Aussie Fly Shoot series, and the various club matches, 2019 will be a very busy year.

st louis

st Louis schedule is up.

I have put in for aug 3-4 for the razorback.

I am still inviting feedback on a spring match in Arkansas. I am afraid the last of march is too cold and considering the last of April.
how many would want an UL class?
ray

Last edited:
I sent out the match agreements to the various match directors last Friday. This should be the final schedule, but you can’t ever tell. The match at Huntsville in July is the first part of the Texas State VFS with the rest of it being held at Tomball.

st Louis schedule is up.

I have put in for aug 3-4 for the razorback.

I am still inviting feedback on a spring match in Arkansas. I am afraid the last of march is too cold and considering the last of April.
how many would want an UL class?
ray

Unlimited class, 10 shot with no bench rotation. Sometime in April in Arkansas would be great. About the time when the Dog Woods are Blooming.:D

Glenn

Long range score Nat'l

I sent out the match agreements to the various match directors last Friday. This should be the final schedule, but you can’t ever tell. The match at Huntsville in July is the first part of the Texas State VFS with the rest of it being held at Tomball.

any word on the long range SCORE Nationals ? when and where ?

Before the new NBRSA Web Site was up, it was on the old site.

Check the Magazine. It might be in there.

I scanned all of the match’s being held this year, they do not show up on any Region Schedule.

Last edited:
Mike, the last I read both the 200/300 Score Nationals and the 200/300 long range Varmint Nationals will not be held this year.

That's correct. The range that had the bid for the 2019 200/300 long range varmint nationals didn't want to host it this year due to poor turnout at the 2018 match. The long range score and varmint nationals was to be reviewed every year by the directors to see whether it should be scheduled or not. Due to a low participation for a national event, the directors voted not to have either in 2019. It comes down to ranges have to have shooters to host matches and at least be able to break even on their costs. When a range doesn't even break even, you lose matches.

Back