2016 NBRSA Nats - Dave Coots wins UL200, Unlimied Grand

Steve Lee

The day started out as the Rodney Brown show. Dave Coots was making a run and after match 4 he and Rodney were tied for first. Dave pulled ahead on Match 5 but Rodney was still close, but Rodney's load blew up on match 6. Larry Costa was shooting very well and closing in on Dave and by match 7 he was within .0088. Match 8 was going to decide the whole thing. Larry lost a shot to the right and Dave shot a big one, but Dave's was a bit smaller sealing the deal.

Dave finished first with .2410, Larry second with .2511, Wayne Campbell third with .2574, Larry Boers fourth with .2593 and Bud Mundy fifth with .2631.

Dave Coots won the Unlimited Grand with second place at 100 and first place at 200 with a grand agg of .2298.

Steve

Attachments

• 2016 NBRSA Group Nationals Day 4.pdf
    289.5 KB · Views: 638
  • 2016 NBRSA Group Nationals Day 4.xls
    75 KB · Views: 240
Dave Coots?

Been waiting for these results and couldn't be happier for the one known as "the Cootsifer" (and much worse). Congratulations dude, you've been in the hunt with that rail of yours for a long time and you did it. Most excellent job, really happy to hear this. Rodney, you hang in there dude, you're next....

Great news indeed.... Scott

Winning--Nothing better!!!!!

Winning will make one forget about your recent flood experience!!!
Maybe you shoot better when the "other Dave" isn't there to bother you????
You did it the old fashioned way--You Earned it!!!

Whatever
A great win--Happy for you!!!!

DOC

Ray
It will take more than this win to change "Docile Dave".

I agree with Doc. This won't go to his head at all. Mainly because the only one who's ever seen his head was in a high altitude weather balloon. Therefore, it would take an awful lot to make it that far up.

I'm looking forward to the billboard of his rail going up just outside of Vinton in about a week. This will be great!

Dave, it is okay to brag now. Dave borrowed a saying that my dad used which stated, "Save your bragging until the contest is over....it may not be needed". Dave heard me say this at the SS several years ago and he placed that saying on the wall of his loading trailer. Good shooting my friend and keep up the good work. James Mock

Back