2015 Lot#0420124 Velocity check

What about this one? Jerry Sherrett said that any of them made 2010 and on are the latest lot. I believe that or I did until curiousity took over and I checked the last one pounder I have. 2015 without the "BR" or"XMR". Just plain vanilla. The stamper missed the silver strip by a bit but lot is still on there. It reads: 1105093
Meaning Nov 5th 2009, third lot? Kernels are tiny, tiny, tiny! Anyways it CAN shoot good in a Waldog but in mine it also gave verticle in inches. I now use this powder in a 17 Javelina and everyone is happy. Their other powder, X-terminator is now my most trusted Waldog fuel.

Tim

Ball powder
Shoot that xerminator in your 6ppc and tell me what you find. I have shot probably a pound of it in my 6ppc with mixed results. Lee

I have 4- 8lb jugs marked
4 7 09 Its much faster than what you all are getting. My normal load is 28.2 gr and that gives me 3280 to 3300 depending on the day. 28.8 grs = 3330-3360 depending on the day. If I go over 29.5 I start to get pressure signs. Mine is made in Canada by western and only shows 2015. I once used Western ramshot and noticed that after It got to be 3-4 yrs old that it got hotter and I had to back off a little. Dont know if thats unique to western or not. I do know that every thing else gets a tad slower over the years.

jerry where can i buy some of that lot?..would be a 2009 powder..lot #1 ?.

What about this one? Jerry Sherrett said that any of them made 2010 and on are the latest lot. I
Tim

I did not say that anything 2010 or later was the latest lot. What Keith Anderson, product manager of Western/Ramshot, told me was that any 2015 dated 2010 or later was made in Canada by the same manufacturer so it is all the same product and has the same manufacturing process.

Remember if it is a traditional IMR product it has the same chemical components. IMR4227 to IMR5010 have the same chemical formula, they just have different physical shapes and coating/deterrents. He also told me that lot #3 of 2015 has the performance properies Western/Ramshot desires and they will use that lot as their control parameters.

I'll ask again:

Where do you order this powder? What do you ask for? Is it an AA-2015, or are we into another "4350" situation?

Heres where I bought mine

jerry where can i buy some of that lot?..would be a 2009 powder..lot #1 ?.
WWW. gamaliel.com . It is made in Canada. It does not look like any of the other 2015 that I have. The lable only reads 2015 . The white sticker on the bottom reads : 1 Thats all that I know except that its faster than some are testing but not too fast for 6ppc 2009

Jerry, sorry to misquote what you said. I seen the word lot so many times in this thread it subconsciously got substituted for latest VERSION.
I had also forgot that it was related to the IMR line. Burn speed between 4198 and 3031, but if you were to lay them on a plate with each other no trouble identifying the 2015.:rolleyes: I wrote a couple threads last winter whining about IMR not making a 3031 short cut and we may never need it now.

Tim

A picture is worth 1000 words.......................

IMG_1449.jpg

Back