2012 cactus Grands and 2-Gun

I've often wondered - why are some of the names on these lists in all caps and other's not? Is there some rationale? Just curious.
Don

Larry sorry but that is not it. My name is no caps, and I was a cash opt shooter, on the orginal board it had a $ sign to designate that. I have no idea what it is but not the cash opt.

names in caps

I've often wondered - why are some of the names on these lists in all caps and other's not? Is there some rationale? Just curious.
Don

Ok guys, here it is. There is a secret society consisting of Match Directors. We meet each year at the NBRSA Nationals right after the NBRSA meeting. At the secret society match directors meeting we discuss who has earned their capital letters the past year. It’s a very contentious meeting as you can imagine. Get 3 benchrest shooters together and your gonna have 3 different opinions. Earning caps is easy though. Money seems to do it. No money, you can still earn caps by registering for the match ahead of time; requesting to share a bench with a shooter who is actually attending the match helps too. Also don't call the match director 5 times (late in the evening) prior to the match to change your mind about with whom you want to share a bench. Not cross firing is a big plus too. Volunteering to be a referee also earns points. Here’s one that is over looked. When you have a well attended match you can have 2 to 3 times as many shooters as there are shooting benches; how about not camping out on a bench for 2 days of practice and share. Once you earn your caps they can also be taken away; so continue to practice courteous match participation.

Real reason - Some of the ranges use Bughole S/W to run the match. Bughole uses a NBRSA shooter data base (member list) to set up the match. This data base has the shooters names in caps. If a shooter signs up for the match and he is not listed in the data base (this can happen for a couple of reasons) the match director will add the shooter to the data base and if he is like me I enter the shooters name like I would type it. Entering this way alert’s me when I look at the shooter list to ask said shooter if he/she is a member of the NBRSA. In my case the plan was to go back and then change the name to caps like the rest, but I forget and so some shooters stay as I entered until I get a new NBRSA member data base.

After re-reading this I like the first paragraph reasons better.

Gary Ocock

Gary
That is the most typing I have ever seen you do! And lucid too.

Its a Cactus Miracle!! How does one "get into" the secret society?

MAC

Vern

Conditions were nothing short of tricky.
Left, Right, Head, and Tail wind all in the same match! Vertical the likes of which I have never seen. Both days. Didn't shoot the blow, and could not shoot the lull > whats left? Lots of guess work. Made it fun and challenging.
MAC

Ok guys, here it is. There is a secret society consisting of Match Directors. We meet each year at the NBRSA Nationals right after the NBRSA meeting. At the secret society match directors meeting we discuss who has earned their capital letters the past year. It’s a very contentious meeting as you can imagine. Get 3 benchrest shooters together and your gonna have 3 different opinions. Earning caps is easy though. Money seems to do it. No money, you can still earn caps by registering for the match ahead of time; requesting to share a bench with a shooter who is actually attending the match helps too. Also don't call the match director 5 times (late in the evening) prior to the match to change your mind about with whom you want to share a bench. Not cross firing is a big plus too. Volunteering to be a referee also earns points. Here’s one that is over looked. When you have a well attended match you can have 2 to 3 times as many shooters as there are shooting benches; how about not camping out on a bench for 2 days of practice and share. Once you earn your caps they can also be taken away; so continue to practice courteous match participation.

Ive been saying that for 2 years now.
Lynn

That's because a person whose name is in caps was in the bughole database and the person whose name is in lower case letters was added to their database at the shoot and the person doing the entering didn't use the caplock.

I think they used Bughole. The original database from NBRSA had the names in all caps and that's what I used to create the original shooter list. Names that are added at shoots are usually in mixed case because they don't turn on caps lock before typing.

Back