1903 springfield

K

kman

do you guys have any idea what a gun like this is worth, or where i might find out

thanks inadvance

There is not a pat answer, as an unaltered Springfield can be worth from $400 to $4000. An altered rifle is worth quite a bit less, and the value depends on the maker, the date, the serial number, etc. Do you have pictures and despcription of the gun?

The CMP sells Springfields (when they have them) at their store in Anniston, by the way.

Clemson

Tough call....

I have several 1903's an A3 and an A4 sniper...The CMP sold these as Greek return rifles in the $450.00 to $500.00 range as I recall, a few yeras ago......They sold out and don't expect any more, but they are plentiful.......
If you look on the two major gun-selling websites, you will find a nice cross-section of the rifle's values....
The DCM papered 1903A4's will bring $2500.00 to $3500.00 with the proper scope....My good friend has two A4's, aslo DCM guns...One was purchased right before JFK was shot, and it came with a M84 sniper scope, mount & rings....His friend got one right after JFK's shooting and it didn't come with a scope or rings... they removed the optics from every one they after JFK's demise.......(My buddy has both rifles now, and they are arsenal rebuilds)
I doubt any minty , untouched rifles survived in Gov't stockpiles...My A4's a rebuild as well...PM me if you want to see some close up pics of what the A4 should look like, if you have any questions...

Regards

Back