10x viii firing pin spring help

Looking for a 10x viii firing pin spring10
Sjohn56127,
It may help if you include a little more info about what you are looking for. Which 10X do you have, and does it have a chisel firing pin.
Are you looking for a heavy,medium,or a light spring. How much firing pin fall do you have and what trigger are you using?
Not trying to over complicate your request but need to know more details to know how to help.
TKH

Sjohn56127,
It may help if you include a little more info about what you are looking for. Which 10X do you have, and does it have a chisel firing pin.
Are you looking for a heavy,medium,or a light spring. How much firing pin fall do you have and what trigger are you using?
Not trying to over complicate your request but need to know more details to know how to help.
TKH
10x viii chisel point

In the days before the internet gurus nobody had trouble with their firing pin springs. Yes there were the Pepper springs and the Wilkinson springs and people would try them but it wasn't because they had to.

Current spring is 2.035 long .252 od .050 wire
I have some of the original Turbo FP springs in stock, they are 0.240" O.D x 0.048" wire and have a free length of 2.100". They will take a set after you install them and the overall free length will measure 2.04" after installation. These are the original Flash design springs that we used in all Turbo actions until 2019 when we started supplying the receivers with the crescent shaped firing pin tip. I only have around a dozen left in inventory, if you'd like to place an order you can send an email to sales@dioriomfg.com, visit our website www.turboaction.net and fill out the request form or give us a call at 540-438-1870.

I have some of the original Turbo FP springs in stock, they are 0.240" O.D x 0.048" wire and have a free length of 2.100". They will take a set after you install them and the overall free length will measure 2.04" after installation. These are the original Flash design springs that we used in all Turbo actions until 2019 when we started supplying the receivers with the crescent shaped firing pin tip. I only have around a dozen left in inventory, if you'd like to place an order you can send an email to sales@dioriomfg.com, visit our website www.turboaction.net and fill out the request form or give us a call at 540-438-1870.
I wish I would've known this when I contacted you previously for springs for my 10X X3L. The springs I received were for the new Turbo were shorter and way too strong. I don't think we ever discussed dimensions. So I'm not saying you did anything wrong. I just failed to give you all the info you needed. No big deal. A member here helped me with a couple Pepper springs and another member traded me for a 10X spring and purchased the rest of the springs you sold me

In the days before the internet gurus nobody had trouble with their firing pin springs. Yes there were the Pepper springs and the Wilkinson springs and people would try them but it wasn't because they had to.
And why, John, do you think those guys stepped up and took the trouble to source springs?
Plenty had issues.

I wish I would've known this when I contacted you previously for springs for my 10X X3L. The springs I received were for the new Turbo were shorter and way too strong. I don't think we ever discussed dimensions. So I'm not saying you did anything wrong. I just failed to give you all the info you needed. No big deal. A member here helped me with a couple Pepper springs and another member traded me for a 10X spring and purchased the rest of the springs you sold me
Sorry, I just recently found a small stash of them I didn't know I had squirreled away in a small parts container.

And why, John, do you think those guys stepped up and took the trouble to source springs?
Plenty had issues.
Well I remember a whole bunch of Calfee Turbo Octagons that didn't seem to have any issues. I think spring mania started somewhere around 2014/15. And don't forget that plenty of people will change things for no good reason other than to play it safe.

Well I remember a whole bunch of Calfee Turbo Octagons that didn't seem to have any issues. I think spring mania started somewhere around 2014/15. And don't forget that plenty of people will change things for no good reason other than to play it safe.
I know you already know my story JP but a few people told me the strikes my 10X produced looked like it was whacking the case too hard. So I decided to go ahead and experiment. Rather than go ahead and grind on the current spring I decided to find a few that I mess with. Turns out I learned how to relax the springs instead of grinding on them. I ended up relaxing my existing one because the new springs or still providing a little too much whack. Maybe it is a waste of time. It's my time and I just may learn something from the experience. In fact I already have. Maybe my gun will shoot a little better. I don't think it'll shoot worse

If the firing pin is longer than the counter bore in the bolt face is deep it is too long. If the spring is strong enough to make the firing pin penetrate the case head it is too strong.
Both situations are possible and can occur before the firing pin hits the mechanical stop.

Some believe there is a fine balance between hitting the case head hard enough to close up the case and fire every round but not so hard as to set up unwanted additional vibrations. Others believe if it goes bang it is good enough.
TKH

Can you tell which is which by just looking at a case?
If the case isn't penetrated, then the spring isn't too strong and the firing pin travel isn't too long, even if the pin is too long.

The fire control system in a rimfire is pretty simple but is made up of several parts that work together to fire the round.

If you change any of those, it will affect the operation. The strength of the spring along with the momentum of the firing pin determine how hard the case is hit. Bigger/thicker spring you get more striking force. More firing pin travel and you get more striking force.

Note: Every time you remove and replace a trigger you can change your ignition if you don't get the trigger back in the same place as it was before.

The length of the firing pin has a very minimal effect on ignition but can ruin a chamber if dry fired.

Looking at fired cases can really only tell you where the pin is striking the case and give a general idea of how hard it is hitting.

If the pin penetrates the case, you will be taking a really close look. Don't ask me how I know.

TKH

If the case isn't penetrated, then the spring isn't too strong and the firing pin travel isn't too long, even if the pin is too long.

The fire control system in a rimfire is pretty simple but is made up of several parts that work together to fire the round.

If you change any of those, it will affect the operation. The strength of the spring along with the momentum of the firing pin determine how hard the case is hit. Bigger/thicker spring you get more striking force. More firing pin travel and you get more striking force.

Note: Every time you remove and replace a trigger you can change your ignition if you don't get the trigger back in the same place as it was before.

The length of the firing pin has a very minimal effect on ignition but can ruin a chamber if dry fired.

Looking at fired cases can really only tell you where the pin is striking the case and give a general idea of how hard it is hitting.

If the pin penetrates the case, you will be taking a really close look. Don't ask me how I know.

TKH
The note on trigger replacement is important. Very important.
Todd

Back