.1060 moa Railgun..................................

Don

................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................................Don

"Nervous Americans Fear New Australian Technology
The Aussie Rail Gun has caused concern among American Benchrest shooters. Posting on Internet BR forums, many have challenged the legality of the new Rail Gun. One poster wrote: “If it outshoots the gun I just spent $4500 on, it must be illegal.” Others concede that while the Aussie Rail Gun may satisfy the express terms of Unlimited Class Benchrest Rules, it violates their spirit: “As far as I’m concerned, if you don’t have to load your ammo between matches in a big hurry, worry about tune, piss and moan about conditions, and spend your entire afternoon staring at erratic windflags, it ain’t benchrest and I don’t want no part of it.”

Dundee isn’t concerned with the keyboard commandos challenging his new Rail Gun. “Typical Americans–just a bunch of whinging Sheilas. If they can’t beat us, they’ll try to ban us.” Dundee adds confidently, “‘Bring ‘em on’ as your President would say. When the dust settles at the big matches, you Yanks will all be singin’ ‘Waltzing Matilda’.”

http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com/2008/04/01/aussies-build-electronic-railgun-for-supershoot/

railgun5x350.png

railgun1x350.jpg

Last edited:
Don't like it

Just, don't like it.
Doesn't even seem fair.
Negates the point.
Just sit in the club house and sink piss. :D

Good huh?
Did you guys just happen to think about the date of this original post?

Good April 1st joke.

Metal Storm technology does exist though and yes they have sold a lot of it to the US military but there ain't no rail gun like this at any rail gun BR matches in Australia. You wouldn't know but those targets in that article are actually US benchrest targets. Aussie BR targets have a SSAA logo on them and a centreline between sighter and record. etc, etc.

Someone had some fun.

Stuart.
Brisbane, Australia.

Man, the secrets out now......

Good one! Also under development is a 12 caliber version that uses big nails as projectiles to reduce the cost of ammo….sort of a ‘machine gun stapler’.

The ‘NHSS’ version (Nail Head Super Stapler) is being tested by air gun BR ’smith/air cylinder re-filler Cal Billfee. He says “Man, even though I’ve never fired a shot from a real gun, I can tell ‘ya that this thing is killer accurate. If people will just listen to me, I can show them how to use this to be just a killer shooter, man. Send me a self addressed letter stuffed with $100 bills and I’ll lead you down the pathway to killer accuracy, man. 5 years from now, everyone will have to have one of these or you’ll be shootin’ for last place, man.

“Make sure and send lots of those big bills, man ‘cuz I just found a place that sells some killer liverwurst. I slice it up and put some onions on it and stack it on some killer bread and it’s just killer good. I also have some Killer Koolaid to drink with it, man. Lots of guys I know love the Koolaid I make up, man. It’s just killer.”

'Ya gotta love Aprils Fools day. :D

Smilin' in The Forbidden Zone. :) -Al

Good gag. You can tell from the picture that the scope is "cropped" into the photo. The light doesn't hit it the same way as the rest of the picture.

Good one! Also under development is a 12 caliber version that uses big nails as projectiles to reduce the cost of ammo….sort of a ‘machine gun stapler’.

The ‘NHSS’ version (Nail Head Super Stapler) is being tested by air gun BR ’smith/air cylinder re-filler Cal Billfee. He says “Man, even though I’ve never fired a shot from a real gun, I can tell ‘ya that this thing is killer accurate. If people will just listen to me, I can show them how to use this to be just a killer shooter, man. Send me a self addressed letter stuffed with $100 bills and I’ll lead you down the pathway to killer accuracy, man. 5 years from now, everyone will have to have one of these or you’ll be shootin’ for last place, man.

“Make sure and send lots of those big bills, man ‘cuz I just found a place that sells some killer liverwurst. I slice it up and put some onions on it and stack it on some killer bread and it’s just killer good. I also have some Killer Koolaid to drink with it, man. Lots of guys I know love the Koolaid I make up, man. It’s just killer.”

'Ya gotta love Aprils Fools day. :D

Smilin' in The Forbidden Zone. :) -Al

You forgot to put "friends" at the begining of each sentence and "folks" every other word.

Mike

I wondered if anyone would pick up that they were Jeff's targets...

-Mike Paul

it may be a gag but it does not follow the rules at all. i was under the impression that it had to be single loaded as it having multiple shoots in the barrel it would be unsafe to call a stop on the line due to what ever reason. as in semi-auto guns have to be single loaded right. or am i wrong??

Now for the real question................................

......................which is more accurate the "Aussie Railgun" or the "floating barreled/action sleeve"?......................Don

it may be a gag but it does not follow the rules at all. i was under the impression that it had to be single loaded as it having multiple shoots in the barrel it would be unsafe to call a stop on the line due to what ever reason. as in semi-auto guns have to be single loaded right. or am i wrong??

Rules, we dont need no stinking rules!!! Typical reponce from another whining sheila!

Relax, mate, Im just having a fosters at your expense:D

Dundee

ROFL!!!!! That's the best freakin' April's Fool's joke ever!!!! lol. It's even better than me telling my Aunt my girlfriend was pregnant!!!! :eek::D You bunch of freakin' Aussies. Good job. If this election gets any better American benchresters may start migrating down there!!!!:D Superb job again. lol.

Matthew S Keller

Don, I can't really tell, is that a locked up scope?

Do you feel that a locked up scope would benefit this application?

If so, how would the scope for this electric gun be locked up, by TIG or MIG welding or EMF?

Crikey!!!

I been turning some shrimp on the barbie and came in an flipped on the machine....:eek:

Mate's that anit no locked up scope! We don't need no stinking locked up scopes! The scope on the rail has got a built in tuner-(scope device attachment) that takes care of the top node if ya follow my trail.

If you turn the rounded notch on the front lens 1/4" clockwise, you can get 10 downrange in an untuned rail that will throw a thrasher group into a zero 85 group.

Now let me be, I'm burning shrimp and missing the rounds on my part time job pumping porta johns on the beach!!! I ain't got time for no more stinkin questions! Crikey!!!

Your buddy,
Dundee

April Fools

Al your class is showing.
Lynn

Double Crikey!!!!

okay LB,

Mate, Youve done thrown down the champane glass now!!! When I get back from pumping those outhouses, i'm gonna start working on sticking my new da meter underneath the barrel. i'm gonna light you up at your yanks nationals if I can get out there!!! :mad:

Triple Crikey!!!

Thats Mr Dundee to you...

Rules, we dont need no stinking rules!!! Typical reponce from another whining sheila!

Relax, mate, Im just having a fosters at your expense:D

Dundee

if it weren't for rules you'd still be English mate. doesn't the land down under come from the English (all Aussie's are English at heart) always wondering whats under the Scotsman's kilt??

Back