1000 yds range in TEXAS ?

P

pascal

Hi guys , can anybody help me to establish a contact with 1000yds BR shooters in TX : i heard there is a range ( private ? ) near Huntsville TX :
can you connect me for a visit there ? I ll be in Houston friday march 23rd so if by chance ... thanks guys , Pascal

Pascal, The range in Huntsville is a private range that goes out to 600 yards; not 1000.
The contact is Mike Cockcroft, who posts on here. If he does not post, look at some back topics to find one he has posted on.

Joe

The Bayou Rifle Club has a 1000 yd range in south Houston. The Texas State Long Ranch Championships are held there in October. It is a high power range and doesn't have benches. The first Sunday of the month they have their 1000 yard Highpower, F Class and F-TR match. Course of fire is 3 relays with 20 shots per relay.

Pine Valley Benchrest Range Huntsville , Texas

Pine Valley Benchrest 2012 Matches
These are the matches scheduled so far for 2012 at the Pine Valley Benchrest Range in Huntsville, Texas. We have 15 concrete benches under roof on a concrete slab. RV parking, water available, no electricity.

February 18
250 yd clay pigeons, mini 60mm clays, 10 clays and 10 shots per round, 4 rounds. Sighter period before first round.
$20.00 match fee, 50% payback, any caliber under .310, muzzle brakes allowed except side discharge and clamshell, no one piecerests.
Plaque for first place junior shooter, junior is under 16.

May 19
East Texas Championship
400 yd clay pigeon match, 60,90,108 mm clays, 10 shots at 8 targets per round, 5 rounds. $100.00 match fee, lunch provided, 50% payback. Junior shooters $35.00 match fee, junior is under 16, any caliber under .310, muzzle brakes allowed except side discharge and clamshell, no one piece rests. Range open for practice on the 18th.
Plaques for first and second place junior shooters.

June 23-24
NBRSA 600 yd Texas State Championship
As per NBRSA rules
Range open for practice on the 22nd.

Contact me for further information and to be added to our email list.
Mike Cockcroft
mcockcroft@sbcglobal.net
936-661-1636 Last edited by mike cockcroft; 01-31-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Hope this helps...

V

Pascal
There is only one range in Texas shooting 1000 yd benchrest, it is in San Angelo and is also privately owned by Tad Emert. There are other 1000 yd ranges but they dont have benches or conduct benchrest matches. Ranges with 1000 yd berms were approached about having benchrest matches and they did not want to build benches or promote benchrest, so we are trying to do it ourselves. You are welcome to come to my range, about one hour north of Houston but my berm is 600 yds from the benches. I have 15 concrete benches on a concrete slab under roof. Myself, Tad Emert, and the Duke brothers are trying to get long range benchrest going in Texas but it has not been easy. Our website is www.texasbenchrest.com
Call me at 936-661-1636 if you want to shoot while you are here.
Mike Cockcroft

Pascal
I have to back out on my offer for this weekend. I had forgotten that this weekend there will be trail riders camping out for the weekend in the pasture the range is in. They have been doing this for the last three years on this weekend, I had forgotten about it but was reminded this morning. I apologize for my short memory
Mike

Pascal,

There will be several of us at the Tomball range (a short drive from Houston) on Friday getting ready for the 100/200 yard UL/HV match this weekend. Come on out and join us!

Ryan

thanks

Thanks to ya'all guys , Jackie ,Mike ,Ryan . We have thursday only , but will organize visits for later trips .
I am involved in trying to implement 600/1000 meters BR in France in a project wanted by our federation , i can only benefit from your advanced knowledge .
Will there be anybody shooting point blank BR in TGC thursday ?
you take care .
PF

Pascal,

There will be several of us at the Tomball range (a short drive from Houston) on Friday getting ready for the 100/200 yard UL/HV match this weekend. Come on out and join us!

Ryan

Back