1000 yd IBS match at HAWKS RIDGE GUN CLUB

K

kerdog

This weekend March 30th is our first match of the year. We are at 1018 Gladys Fork Rd, Ferguson, NC . GPS coordinates are N36 06.303 W81 23.003 . Below is a link to our website so you can bookmark for all our other matches coming up. We have done a lot of clean up around the range with new windsocks and carpet on the equipment / gun tables. Come on out and shoot with us and bring a friend.

http://www.hawksridgegunclub.com/

IBS Director : Kerwin Overman 828-400-4411

Hey Kerdog how did you get Alvin Johnson there two days in a row? Although it looks like he is just standing there with his hands in his pockets! Did he really work. HA HA

Joe Salt

Hey Joe bring the Pa gang down sometime for some more good times at the Ridge. Were having a IBS "NIGHT Match" in July. Shooting 1000 yards under the lights is a experience that you will never forget! We will see how all the small caliber shooters fare with the winds that seem to always blow at Hawk's Ridge. The range is in the best shape it has ever been and is ready for all to test their skills. By the way Joe I've missed 2 workdays in 18 years! Like you already know every club has a "FEW" members that are the backbone of the club.

Alvin

Hey Kerdog how did you get Alvin Johnson there two days in a row? Although it looks like he is just standing there with his hands in his pockets! Did he really work. HA HA

Joe Salt

Well actually it was two back to back Saturday's. Oh I caught him resting. I did not get any pics the second workday but it involved cutting some very tall pine tree's out of the shooting area and their butts was dragging by the end of the day. Also Tom Lackey was there a number of days putting down carpet on the equipment /gun tables so I hope everyone that shows up finds Tom and thanks him for his hard work.

Kerwin

Hey Joe bring the Pa gang down sometime for some more good times at the Ridge. Were having a IBS "NIGHT Match" in July. Shooting 1000 yards under the lights is a experience that you will never forget! We will see how all the small caliber shooters fare with the winds that seem to always blow at Hawk's Ridge. The range is in the best shape it has ever been and is ready for all to test their skills. By the way Joe I've missed 2 workdays in 18 years! Like you already know every club has a "FEW" members that are the backbone of the club.

Alvin

Alvin is like a Marine, First to show up and the Last to leave and throws everything he has into getting the job done. Thanks, Alvin

Alvin I knew that would get you of the couch if I posted something like that. Hey whats the weather going to be like, and do you just shoot two matches on Saturday? I just might take a ride.

Joe Salt

Joe Saturday will be 57 degrees and clear. We will shoot 1 heavy gun,1 light gun and 1 factory gun match. Our first double matches will be June 15 & 16. Joe, you and any of the Pennsylvania clan are always more than welcome at Hawk,s Ridge. The guys at range are already making plans to come up to your club this year.

I'll talke to the boss, and let you know if i'll be down this weekend I'll give you a chance and just bring my light gun! ha ha

Joe Salt

Alvin, Sorry Kathy just reminded me its Easter weekend, or I would be there. I'll have to look at both schedules and see what I can figure out. I'd sure would like to be there,the cabin fever is getting to me.

Joe Salt

Joe Saturday's match was just like old times. We had new shooters and old shooters with the old shooters still hanging tough! So you would have been in the running, since you are no stranger to the wind blowing in several directions at once. We had more than 50 guns with a lot of shooters missing out because of Easter weekend. We had shooters from Va. and Georgia,maybe the West Va. clan are afraid of a little wind? Maybe Kerwin will chime in with the winners in each class. Hawk's Ridge welcomes everyone that is up to the challenge.

Alvin

Joe Saturday's match was just like old times. We had new shooters and old shooters with the old shooters still hanging tough! So you would have been in the running, since you are no stranger to the wind blowing in several directions at once. We had more than 50 guns with a lot of shooters missing out because of Easter weekend. We had shooters from Va. and Georgia,maybe the West Va. clan are afraid of a little wind? Maybe Kerwin will chime in with the winners in each class. Hawk's Ridge welcomes everyone that is up to the challenge.

Alvin

Yeah Alvin I am a little late here letting everyone know who had their game on this past Saturday. I have had my nose in all those IBS registration forms and applications but here are the winners.

HG 1 relay score 91 Gregg Culpepper group 7.771 Jeffrey McElrath

HG 2 relay score 98 Ray Staley group 5.312 Travis Bowers

HG 3 relay score 97 Alvin Johnson group 7.598 Mike Wilson

HG shoot off winners score Alvin Johnson group Jeffrey McElrath

LG 1 relay score 49 Jeffrey McElrath group 6.263 Mike Wilson

LG 2 relay score 46 Andy Taylor group 10.731 Brandon McNeil

LG 3 relay score 46 Michael Chambers group 5.194 Ray Staley

LG 4 relay score 46 Bobby Bridges group 6.264 Marvin Gragg

LG shootoff winners score Michael Chambers group Brandon McNeil

Alvin I'm proud of you! Glad to hear you had a good showing even for Easter weekend. Maybe next year you guys can hold the Nationals again.

Joe Salt

Back