1000 yd 6.5-47l barrel length

reelxprs

please advise me to what length barrel i should order for 6.5-47l for 1000 yd comp. i have a shilen select match on order but it won't be made until about sept or oct.
thanks for your help and opinions.
jeff fountain

I would not go over 28". That is not a very big case. A 28" barrel should be more than enough length to burn that small amount of powder. When I was shooting my 6.5 x 284 imp. I had four barrels and never went over 28" and it has more capacity then the "6.5 x 47 Lapua" (I was burning 54 gr. of H-4831) You eventually reach a point of diminishing return on velocity.
Rich De

6.5-47 length

I would not go over 28". That is not a very big case. A 28" barrel should be more than enough length to burn that small amount of powder. When I was shooting my 6.5 x 284 imp. I had four barrels and never went over 28" and it has more capacity then the "6.5 x 47 Lapua" (I was burning 54 gr. of H-4831) You eventually reach a point of diminishing return on velocity.
Rich De

that is what i ordered. thanks for the reply
jeff

I have a 28" Kreiger #17 barrel. .900 dia. at the muzzle. Finally learning to shoot the mutha. Now I need a 600 and a 1000 yd. range next door. Fat chance of that ever happening.

Roy

Back