1000 yard range in north central Florida?

Yote , I just shot Blakely last weekend. I've shot Pearson 4 times, I was there for their 1st shoot, nice place. They have a shoot scheduled for the 23rd of this month. The shooting line is covered now.

At Parker's Gunshop in Pearson Ga. has a very friendly and informal atmosphere, which is nice. The range is open 7 days a week, and if the cost is still the same to use the range it's free, but could have changed. It's 100 miles from my front door to Parker's. Bradford is 63 miles for me.

On the 23rd I'll be either in Blakely or at Parker's. HutchH, willdixon if you fella's are interested in going to these places let me know and we can get together. I'm allowed up to 4 guest at Bradford at 1 time as long as no other's that are on our corporate membership are there. For every 1 of them I can have 1 less guest.

Blakely showed me who was boss, the wind kicked my butt. Learned alot, need a spotting scope for reading the mirage, wind... Started at about a 5, went to 10, then 18-22, quick switching. Had about the best day at 1000 yards yet. That was my 1st time for 1000 yard F-Class, I'll be back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, yes Pearson is a great place to shoot. I've been shooting there every match since August last year. I wouldn't miss it. The cover over the benches has been great. It was a needed and welcome addition.

The entrance fee is still $30 for the match, and the range is free to use when a match isn't going on. There is also a rimfire match after the high power match June 23. Don, come if you can, look me up. My name is under my handle Yote. We have several shooters coming up from Florida and hope we can get some more. I would like our numbers to grow.

I went to Blakely one time. It's a great place. I too got schooled their at 1000. A lot different than 600. But I did like being able to see where my shots were hitting since they have pits. That's a luxury we don't have at Pearson. I also found that I can't shoot prone. I have a pinched nerve in my back and laying down with my head up really aggravated it. Before I could get my string finished, my left arm was totally numb and the pain in my back was pretty intense. And then had to work the pits after that. Wasn't fun. Does Blakely have any shoots using the bench tables? They have them there but I haven't seen a shoot where they are used. I would love to go back but I can't go and shoot belly benchrest.

Again, hope to see you at Pearson the 23rd.....

Last edited:
Russell, Straightpipes and I actually shoot together from time to time, not as often as we would like to. Him and I may travel up to Pearson on the 23rd if all things work out. Like he said Eric up at coolacres has it all, check the place out. It's 1st class all the way.

Back