$1,000 added for the Visalia Unlimited Invitational!!!

Lawrence W.

This year's Visalia Unlimited Invitational/Dennis Thornbury Memorial will have $50.00 added for each of the 20 small groups fired over the weekend. There will be a simultaneous bag gun class for those of you that don't have a rail. Smallest group from either class wins the $50.00 for that match.

We will shoot a total of 10 - 5 shot groups at 100 yards on Saturday and a total of 10 - 5 shot groups at 200 yards on Sunday.

Bring your best shooting guns and see you all the weekend of October 22 & 23.

For questions and/or pre-registration please contact Mike Sosenko (714) 745-9001 or 6ppcshooter1@att.net

Last edited:
We chose to financially reward the small groups because pretty well any shooter on the line is capable of putting up a small group and this way it spreads the winnings farther and wider.

Well that sure fired up the local phone circles. I have received a Visalia benchrest history lesson. Apparently, the Visalia Unlimited Invitational already has a big old trophy with winner's name plaques going back 40 or 50 years. I was quite surprised to learn of this, as I shot my first Invitational in October 1999 and have never seen this trophy and didn't know of its existence. Anyhow, Mike is trying to locate it and have it updated and present at the October shoot.

So, there will be no inaugural Sniper King at the October shoot.

Great response so far as we now have a 2nd relay!

Based on Gary Ocock's suggestion, we have enough shooters to add a blind draw, 3 man team competition. $10 per shooter entry with the winning team taking the pot.

Live draw will be Saturday morning around 8:30.

See you guys then.

The small group results are in!

Unlimited 1 - 100 yards Saturday morning:

Match 1 - Ron Pepper - .103
Match 2 - Gary Ocock - .086
Match 3 - Ron Pepper - .135
Match 4 - Ron Pepper - .076
Match 5 - Jim Folwell - .121

Unlimited 2 - 100 yards Saturday afternoon:

Match 1 - Ron Pepper - .099
Match 2 - Duke Rovarino - .148
Match 3 - Jim Folwell - .098
Match 4 - Lester Bruno - .080
Match 5 - Bob McGraw - .118

Unlimited 2 - 200 yards Sunday morning:

Match 1 - Bob McGraw - .215
Match 2 - Justin Young - .260
Match 3 - Ron Pepper - .207
Match 4 - Joe Pavlik - .220
Match 5 - Jim Folwell - .264

Unlimited 1 - 200 yards Sunday afternoon:

Match 1 - Gary Ocock - .310
Match 2 - Lawrence Weisdorn - .270
Match 3 - Duke Rovarino - .249
Match 4 - Mike Sosenko - .181
Match 5 - Duke Rovarino - .221

Apparently Ron Pepper had a mortgage payment due, as he picked up 5 of the 20 small groups available!

A good time was had by all and we were all treated to a spectacular BBQ cooked by Jack Childers and his wife and Steve Berg on Saturday night.

Last edited:
Back