Thread: New guy

New guy

New guy ,here anyway,actually I'm almost an old guy,in twenty more years I guess I'll be old,maybe,I shoot off the bench at times but I actually don 'T do much bench rest formally but I like accurate rifles,good triggers,like to make bad guns work better,really excellent guns are alright but they're no challenge ,they already shoot good.

Excellent guns are alright but they are no challenge?
    Okay.
    Just try that with another 19 guys on the line.
    Welcome to the world of accurate guns and accurate shooters on Benchrest Forum.
    In twenty years you'll be my age. Is that what you're saying?

Hi shootr, welcome to the forum.
    You may have noticed the forum index lists several discussion topics.
    Feel free to chime in any time with questions, opinions or advice.

Bob

Thanks for the welcome

I compete in Sporterifle and maybe starting an Appleseed shoot at my club,so I know things are different once your on the line,I own a 513t with a Lyman targetspot in 20x that's as close as I have to a bench rest rifle but it is a pretty fair rifle considering it was made just before production stopped for the war. Y Sporterifle comp. rifle is a lightly modified Marlin Mod.60,changed over to a clip so really a 70 sort of I also did the trigger and action work and some other things other than that it's just a good shooting Marlin,Sporterifle, it's my squirrel rifle too ,one of them anyway.like motorcycles ,I like old rifles mostly (pre plastic) (almost)for myself but if it shoots - I am alright with it.

Welcome from another New Yorker and someone that has shot for over 60 years, but only recently started shooting true bench rest.

Bob

Thanks

[QUOTE=shootrj2003;814019really excellent guns are alright but they're no challenge ,they already shoot good.[/QUOTE]

I totally getcha! I love taking a firearm that won't shoot and making it a performer. Whether it's getting a semi to operate reliably or getting a 'dud' rifle to shoot holes-in-holes, there's not much more gratifying to the shade-tree 'smith.

GsT